Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thinking on a "big" bmw...

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tncean

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:26 am    Post subject: Thinking on a "big" bmw... Reply with quote

Input appreciated. Sure have enjoyed the 90 325i, and, after much labor and $, excepting the paint job, (no rust), it's pretty much restored and in good, dependable running condition.

I've really been putting the miles on it. Could be that towards the end of the soon to be here next year, I will be doing a good bit of traveling, esp in the Southeast, to promote and do book signings.

Kicking around the idea getting a used "big" model bmw. However, I'm a bit leery of high-milaged automatic transmissions.
Just wondering what models have been more reliable, or problematic?

Your astute insight is welcome.

tncean

See all UnofficialBMW Ads
Henry

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd ask around. Call transmission rebuilders, bmw after/parts such as BMP or Bavarian Auto or Pelican. Actually ask the official "Dealer" for opinion. You just might get an honest answer. Never know.

And check the various forums.

All I've heard or read is the autos are "iffy" after 100K.
But that's only what I've heard. Not the best research.
Chick

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a 95 525 with 240,000 miles on it, absolutely no probs with the auto tranny. This car is bullet proof! Very Happy
Henry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would you like to tell us a little bit about your new book?
tncean

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"A baby-boomer's social commentary, wrapped around a thriller, that is sewn together by a thread of mysticism."

High-dollar D.C. call girl's 2005 BMW 530i, that she had just bought from a think-tank lawyer, has battery charge problems. She ends up getting stuck in a small town in the mountains of Western North Carolina. She gets referred to a local indy bmw shop. They kind of "take her in", and she's exposed to hillbilly fiddle music, moonshine drinking, a bit of night racing on the mountain roads. Someone tries to break into her car while it's in the shop.

Tarot card reading hairdresser, an old gypsy woman, a semi-retired deputy sheriff, a former US congressman, an aging country music star, an autistic herb digger, are just some of the characters in the first 1/3 of the book.

Would have to give it an "R" rating.

"Plastic Angels"... should be out next May-June, 09.

tncean
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: