Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1986 BMW 325 2 dr 5 speed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> BMWs for sale

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dixchief

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:50 am    Post subject: 1986 BMW 325 2 dr 5 speed Reply with quote

200k miles. top end rebuilt 40k ago. Just put new tranny, clutch, pressure plate and fuel pump in it. Runs fine. interior mismatched seats. Needs paint due to southern sun. Undercarrage and body solid, no rot $2500 OBO Richard 407-417-4882 dixchief@gmail.com central Florida

daier1r

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe listening is powerful Medicine.

Studies have shown it takes a physician about 18 seconds to interrupt a patient after he begins talking.

It was Sunday. I had one last patient to see. I approached her room in a hurry and stood at the doorway. She was an older woman, sitting at the edge of the bed, struggling to put socks on her swollen feet.World of warcraft Power Leveling I crossed the threshold, spoke quickly to the nurse, scanned her chart noting she was in stable condition. I was almost in the clear.

I leaned on the bedrail looking down at her. She asked if I could help put on her socks. Instead, I launched into a monologue that went something like this: "How are you feeling? Your sugars and blood pressure were high but they're better today. The nurse mentioned you're anxious to see your son who's visiting you today. It's nice to have family visit from far away. I bet you really look forward to seeing him."

She stopped me with a stern, authoritative voice. wow power leveling,"Sit down, doctor. This is my story, not your story."

I was surprised and embarrassed. I sat down. I helped her with the socks. She began to tell me that her only son lived around the corner from her, but she had not seen him in five years. She believed that the stress of this contributed greatly to her health problems. After hearing her story and putting on her socks, I asked if there was anything else I could do for her. She shook her head no and smiled. All she wanted me to do was to listen.

Each story is different. Some are detailed; others are vague. Some have a beginning, middle and end. Others wander without a clear conclusion. Some are true; others not. Yet all those things do not really matter. What matters to the storyteller is that the story is heard — without interruption, assumption or judgment.

Listening to someone's story costs less than expensive diagnostic testing but is key to healing and diagnosis.

I often thought of what that woman taught me, and I reminded myself of the importance of stopping, sitting down and truly listening. And, not long after, in an unexpected twist, I became the patient, with a diagnosis of multiple sclerosis at age 31. Now, 20 years later, I sit all the time — in a wheelchair.

For as long as I could, I continued to see patients from my chair, but I had to resign when my hands were affected. I still teach med students and other health care professionals, but now from the perspective of physician and patient.

I tell them I believe in the power of listening. I tell them I know firsthand that immeasurable healing takes place within me when someone stops, sits down and listens to my story.
The Internet, which was unfamiliar to human beings is totally accepted by most of people. Especially these days, it has been developing faster and faster, people do not have much time to do everything by themselves. So making full use of the Internet is a good way to color one’s life.

For instance, students could learn more and more from all over the world so that they can broaden their horizon and enrich their knowledge. Absolutely, the bridge that connects the whole world is the Internet.

Secondly, scientists and mathematicians, too, can share research results in order to promote the wheel of human society much more quickly.world of warcraft power leveling,

I suppose the key factor of importance of Internet is to find a good job . In the society which is full of competition, more information means more opportunities. A job hunter can get on the Internet to browse for a favorable job.

Well, from what has been mentioned above, I believe with the high speed and efficiency, the Internet will become more and more popular among people in the near future. wow power leveling

I believe listening is powerful Medicine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> BMWs for sale All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: