Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MIL Error Code- P0740 TCC Circuit Malfunction

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Z Cars Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bluesters

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: MIL Error Code- P0740 TCC Circuit Malfunction Reply with quote

PO740 (TCC Circuit Malfunction) Code Error

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was told by a Dealer that I had this code.
He said my transmission is slipping and would be replaced for about $5000.00.
But I have looked up the code on the internet and found some people stating that it could be a faulty wire or that the selonoid inside the transmission needed to be replaced. They are just a few of some of the suggestions I found. I hate to shell out 5000.00 if I dont really need a transmission. Or do I just trust the dealer and have the transmission replaced?

I have 1997 Z3 1.9 Roadster

P.S. I was told this info by a dealer about 2 years ago, the reason I bring it up again is because I just purchased a Scanning Diagnostic tool and the code came up when I ran it.
The car seems to run fine, I only drive it on weekends and I do not hear any funny noises and the car seems to shift fine.
The funny thing is my check engine light is off and you would think it would be on with this type of code but I think the dealer must have turned it off when he first diagnosed it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Z Cars Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: