Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

XM Radio Installation

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tdturner

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: XM Radio Installation Reply with quote

I have a 2002 540i Sport ^speed. I want to add the XM Sattelite Radio Package to my existing system. But, I want it clean, with no wires exposed. Has anybody done this? I understand that the 2003 540i can adapt the xm system due to the fact the radio is satellite ready. Can anybody advise me? I also want to hide the antenna if possible. Thanks, Terry

See all UnofficialBMW Ads
djt5104

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well here is what your options are. 1) go to a local electronics store and get a stand alone unit and buy the fm direct adapter and also an antenna adapter and the reverse antenna adapter. if you havent ever installed one and want it done professionally bestbuy will install it for $80. or 2) spend the money and get the bmw sat. adapters that will allow you to control it through your factory radio as long as it has the capabilaties.
Henry

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are in the Southwest google "Audio Express." They installed my system for ONE DOLLAR (if my memory serves me correct).
075series

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This didn't come on my 07, but I have been thinking about getting it. I have a few friends who have it, and I feel like it would be really nice as I drive a lot for work. Which option is the best? Also, how did you find someone to install it? Has anyone used angies list?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: