Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Turn signal and a thanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
touchngo

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Turn signal and a thanks Reply with quote

gonna try this again.

Skip to bottom if you did a search for turn signals. I didn't find any info about turn signals when doing a search. I originally posted this on the 5 board but got a lot of info from this forum, thanks.

My first post and an intro. Just bought a 1986 528e for $500 that wasn't running. Changed both fuel pumps and I have a driver.

Thanks in large part to this forum I have,

changed the timing belt, distributer cap, rotor, and water pump.
put batteries on a SI board and reset the light.
ordered and installed odometer gears.
changed front brake pads.
diagnosed front suspension problem.
got scared about the auto tranny, but changed fluid and filter and hear that i may have some more time left on it.
changed sunroof motor. this was first thing I did, wife thought I was crazy.
found links to a lot of great BMW sites.

getting ready to adjust the valves,
and drop the oil pan to clean things up a little

Again, thanks to all that post.

I'll wait for the following as simulated monthly car payment finances allow me to take care of.

no response from heat/ac system
rear windows non operational (hopefully easy fix)
missing original radio face plate
5 speed manual transmission upgrade, working the junkyards now.
stickers on inside rear window that I'm afraid to scrape off because of defroster.

TURN SIGNALs
Before I fixed the SI board the left turn signal blinked faster than the right. After the batteries were installed they both blinked the same. A week after i did the board the left blinker started going at twice the rate as the right. I'm thinking I screwed up the SI board while soldering(another post). Turns out the front left turn light had a bad connection and I must have make it work by touching stuff but it went bad again and in the end, all it took was wiggling the connector to the front left turn signal light.
Bottom line if one side is blinking faster than the other, check bulbs then connections.

Thanks again,
Sean Sexton
NEW 86 BMW 528e
62 Austin Healey 3000 TriCarb
59 Riley
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: