Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pics of my Touring - that's a station wagon to most of you..
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TouringBoy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:31 am    Post subject: Pics of my Touring - that's a station wagon to most of you.. Reply with quote

It's only taken about four years, but here at last are some pics of my car. 1990 325i Touring - best looking E30 of the lot if you ask me, but then I am biased...

Pics taken last autumn just after its annual pre-winter spit and polish - the only time of year when it looks this good! Fingers crossed that the post works...

dale

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice!

I'd love to get an E30 Touring, wish they would have imported them to USA.
sold in 2016
87 325 5spd eta
cmcon98

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice car! Odd that they didn't move the handbrake to the right side of the console on RHD models. Wish we had 'em here in the states. Would two labrador retrievers fit in the back? I need to add a wagon to the stable for my dogs, and it's lookin' like I'll buy a Volvo V70 or an E34 525i touring.
cjhsa

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dat baby is backwards and she got way too much junk in her trunk!

Cool
TouringBoy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny you should mention dogs - my car has an extendable 'luggage net' on a spring roller. You pull it out and attach it to two clips in the headlining. Slightly pointless but unusual option that is supposed to stop the cargo shifting in transit. Turns out to be much better as a dog guard...

Two labs would just about fit in the boot, but there wouldn't be any room left for luggage! It's fine for my Mum's flat coated retriever when we go to visit her. It's great if you occasionally need to carry a bigger load - back seats split so you can stil carry one rear passenger if you need to. Would make a good car to go ski-ing in except for the awful traction in the snow - 325iX Touring would be the answer to that one.

But if you really need a full sized load carrier, Fiver touring is probably the one to go for. That may well be my next move, if any more kids come along...
killerbeem

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the end of the day, that is still one beautiful car, and as I have always said, I love the BMW touring series, and would rather have one of those... BUT, I still love my 325i as well.

Great car...

MK
1984 325e - Rachel (Sold)
BMWCCA Member
Find me on Twitter: @mkilpatric
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
wazzu70

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really wish we got that metallic green here in the states. Well I wish we got tourings AND metallic green! You have both my favorites in one.

Nice car!

1984 BMW 325e
1991 BMW 325i
1976 Honda CB400F Super Sport
"The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"
TouringBoy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the appreciative comments. I may not sell it now! (only joking). The colour is good, isn't it? Malachite green metallic. The best thing about it it how it doesn't show 18 years worth of small scratches and marks!

I don't know what the reasoning was for not selling them in the US. Maybe some crash test thingy. Anyway, you missed out - they are the best E30s. Practical and still lots of fun.
davidteachey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I REALLY like that! Nice car, mate.

David
greenie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My trusty 91 318ic is that metallic green, I believe, unless there was another code for european delivery. It is called Laguna Green. In 92, I think, there was also a very nice metallic blue. I'm also a fan of the Touring and wish they had been imported. Is there any reason one couldn't be imported? They aren't very expensive in Germany.
robert1700

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Importing is pretty easy except that its cost around 10,000 grand last time I check and when the car is being inspected at the importing station the US government can take as much time as they want inspecting it, years if they feel like and they can take any parts off the car as well.
greenie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ten grand? Wow!! To import a used car? I think the late e30's were all built to the same standards- glass, emissions, etc. What is the ten grand for?
85-325e

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

would probably be a lot of things that are differnet. The taillights, the front headlights, the special rear fog lights, emissions are probably slightly different, bumpers are probably different and not to US specs... And Robert's right... they can keep it as long as they want and even pull parts of it off. Remember Rainman??? He was importing cars that were constantly being held up...

Jase007

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But if you really need a full sized load carrier, Fiver touring is probably the one to go for. That may well be my next move, if any more kids come along...

Nice E30 touring!

I picked up a E39 528iT 5-speed manual Sport, etc... last summer. It complements my E30 iX nicely and hauls the 2 kids around as well as junk in the trunk. Smile

Always liked the E30 touring, especially in an iX version but aren't readily available. I like the 5-speed in the E39 though ... even with CDV [clutch delay valve] delete, the E39 clutch pickup /feel sucks compared to my E30 [or any of my other cars for that matter].

Nice car. Smile

'00 528iT Sport
'90 325iX
'89 325iX
'76 Targa
'62 356
TouringBoy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the 528i Touring - it would be the one I would go for if I got a Five. Call me old fashioned but I like my BMWs to have six cylinder engines. I am sure the V8s are very good, but somehow it's not quite right. Finding one would not be easy though - plenty of 528i saloons here in the UK, but not many Tourings.

I don't want to change though - the E30 never fails to put a smile on my face, and it's big enough 90% of the time. Handling is even better than the saloon, thanks to almost perfect 50/50 weight distribution and it's very well detailed considering that the boot/tailgate structure was an add-on and never part of the original design. Only things that give this away are a few rattles and squeaks from the rear bodywork and tailgate over rough roads, and a bit more road noise at highway speeds.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: