Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sheepskin Seat Covers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E36 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Henry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:04 am    Post subject: Sheepskin Seat Covers Reply with quote

My drivers seat is badly worn after 16 years. Always wanted sheepskin covers but afraid of the cost. Had to do something so I broke down and Googled for a solution.

For $250.00 plus about $10.00 or so for shipping I found that this place... sheepskinexpress.com, sent me a very easy to install, friendly and competent customer service and most important the gorgeous skins.

That's why I'm posting this...the skins fit great and are oh so beautiful.
And I think fairly priced.
mabm325

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have some pictures? My driver seat has a bad tear right in the middle and I'm considering my options.

Thanks.
2001 330i (233000 km) My new ride!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Henry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just flew back to nyc last week. Car in Santa Fe so no photos for at least a month. However, the tear in the drivers seat is a worn side bolster (cloth seat) that quickly and continually worsened.

I accurately described the car model and seat type to Al, of Sheepskin Express...I think he's the only one working there...and he was familiar with the model, offered to custom fit (for 10 bucks) the seat backs with a bit of tightened stitching and gave very, very good instructions and assistance regarding the fit of skin onto the seat. Looks as if there's no seams in the skin, the skin is backed with cotton liner, I cut off the elastic clips because the fit is so good they are unnecessary...except I did retain one elastic for the seat back though probably unnecessary.

The skins are fabulous. The nap is great, the pile is deep and they are wonderful to the touch. Don't even know there's an old seat beneath the skin.

I couldn't find a cheaper and nicer solution for the problem.

I bought without a photo save for the website pictures. The price was right and I believe sometimes a leap of faith is justified.

Hope this helps.
dale

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a quality product.

http://sheepskinexpress.com/bmw.htm
sold in 2016
87 325 5spd eta
clark2334-spam
Spammer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have these sheepskin seat covers, i was so lucky because i just caught it 50% on sale last xmas season... i also got some sheepskin travel pillows for free too... i guess that was my lucky day Very Happy

Last edited by clark2334-spam on Fri Nov 19, 2010 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Henry

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two+ years later and my covers are fine. Cover up a nice tear in the driver's seat. Comfy and great looking two years later.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E36 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: