Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Opinions...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Z Cars Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LuckySideBurns

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:43 am    Post subject: Opinions... Reply with quote

Hey there, I'm visiting this forum...

I currently own an 86 325es (E30), and a 93 325i (E36). I love them both for different reasons (die hard BMW fan), and I am very heavily thinking about purchasing a Z3 to whip around during the summertime, probably an earlier model (97-00).. but my question is what are your opinions on the roadster vs the coupe/sedan models? What have your experiences been regarding reliability/repairs, practicality, fun, etc? Any real issues which would cause you to caution a potential buyer from purchasing one? Any more advice/thoughts? How did the 4cyl cars REALLY drive? Dogs or decent?

I've driven a supercharged miata (which is what turned me on to the roadster idea in the first place) and then read conflicting reports (some tout it as the best.. others say BMW can't be beat).. any thoughts?

Thank you in advance Smile

-Nick

See all UnofficialBMW Ads
zthreescotty

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:14 pm    Post subject: Go for the Z Reply with quote

I've had a 328i, and still have my 2001 3.0 Roadster. I'll never sell the thing. I love the car. It's had some issues but most were under warranty. My uncle has a 2.8 liter 2000. There is a noticable difference in the two. Stay away from the 4 cylinder. They were total dogs. Go for a 2001 or 2002 so you can get the 3.0. If you want something older then I'd go for an M Roadster so you can still get over 215hp. Totally impractical and useful for anything but a toy, but like I said, I'll never sell it. Big boys need toys too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Z Cars Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: