Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New European member with a new car :)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E36 Member Cars

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tequila Sunrise

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: New European member with a new car :) Reply with quote

Hey people!
My name's Robin and I'm a 19 year old dude from Belgium (that little spot on the map somewhere next to Holland and Germany). I bought a BMW last week and this morning it was delivered.

Its a European BMW 316i from 1992. It has lowered front suspension (not in the rear.. yea i know weird, but hey Razz) and original AC Schnitzer wheels. It's got 87500 miles on the odometer. The engine is in good condition for a 16 year old car. The interior and exterior are showing signs of aging though.

The interior cloth on the roof is showing air bubbles and I've got a few bumps and scratches on the exterior of the car. No big deal since it's my first car! I'm happy with it! I'm especially glad that the car's stock audio system is so awesome Razz

Mind you it hasn't stopped raining down here yet, so I haven't had the chance to clean it yet. I'm sorry guys I don't have a garage. I'm buying a cover to pull over the car though.
Oh well, this is just some kind of introduction to this forum. Enough talk, here are the (average quality) pictures.

walshja

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice ride !!

I just got back from a trip to Amsterdam, which we took a few days and went to Brugge, what a gorgeous city !!!!

I was surprised at how many 316's I saw, in the US we never had the 316 model, and I never heard of it.

I was shocked at how many BMW's there are in Amsterdam and Brugge, either everyone has a great job, or BMW's are more affordable in Europe than they are in the US.

post some more pics once you get her cleaned up, and good luck with the car, and welcome to the board.

joe

1994 325iC, 195k miles
http://home.comcast.net/~walshja/index.html <--- check it out

Tequila Sunrise

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks joe

Still rainy/raining down here so i havent had the chance yet.
Yea i live like 5 miles from Brugge. I guess it does look nice, but I dunno, i was raised there so it looks normal to me Razz
Bmw 316 and 318tds' are the most common down here if you're talking about the E36.
The the most common E46 is a 320d.
I paid 2000 euros for my bmw which equates to about 2700 USD.
donaldan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the Board!

I wish BMW had exported such simple 4 bangers to America with manual transmission. The newer diesels are even better as they are so economical. Unfortunately America only gets luxuriously equipped models with six, eight and twelve cylinder gasoline engines, often priced so much more than that of Europe.

Once a year, I get to drive the more basically equipped European BMW's when visiting Europe and don't see any tangible benefits of all the power leather seats and the tons of do-dads that the Ameican models bring. I enjoy hitting 210kph (=130mph) on the German Autobahn in the company of Porsche's and serious motorcyclists.
walshja

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just noticed that on your steering wheel, you have the color blue/white BMW roundel.

in the states, BMW didn't add the color roundel until 1995 I think.

not fair !!!! Laughing b

1994 325iC, 195k miles
http://home.comcast.net/~walshja/index.html <--- check it out

hidonlinestore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:08 am    Post subject: Hidonlinestore.com Reply with quote

I love this red car...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E36 Member Cars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: