Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need 4 cyl race motor advice

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cagedruss

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Need 4 cyl race motor advice Reply with quote

I am starting to build my (shop) tube frame race car to compete in SPU. I have found the body from a source in the south, it is a 3/4" to 7/8" scaled down fiberglass body of the E46 M3. The series this body is made for runs MC engines and a pretty decent chassis with some minor annoyances with set up.

Chassis is straight forward, building it lightest possible and to meet the SPU rules for SCCA/Conference.

So I am in need of some expert BMW advice. I will need a NA 4cyl engine under 2 liters to keep it SCCA regional legal (same same rule).

What kind of horse power can one get with a 1.8 with cams and carbs? Need to make reliable and as efficient as possible. I have a machine shop that is helping with the project.

Any help will be appreciated.

Russ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Racing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: