Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Windscreen washer Jets... Please help!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E46 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gig

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:43 pm    Post subject: Windscreen washer Jets... Please help! Reply with quote

Hi Guys, can you help?

My front screen jets werent working well and i was getting dirty smear from the water that did come through.

The reservoir was full of gunge/filth so I took it out, cleaned it and emptied it. I then cleared through all the tubing and pushed a pin through the jet holes.

Now everything is reconnected and the reservoir has clean water in it but nothing is coming through at all. Not even the small squirt I had before.

I can here the motor/pump going and i checked the tubes and jet holes again.

Whats going on?
What should I do?

Thanks in advance
Gig Razz
SSearch

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like the jets or the tee are plugged... To troubleshoot - Unhook the line near the jets, and have a friend activate the pump while you watch the line. If it shoots fluid - Everything to that point is good. Start taking stuff apart until you find the jam. Good luck...
mikbjo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My jets on my e46 seems to get jammed from time to time. A quick solution to this problem I've found is when I'm using my high pressure washer is to spray the jets with it real close up. Tried cleaning them with a needle once but that didn't make them work again, but the method above always seems to work!?

Haven't had this problem on other cars...can it be that the jets on the e46 are heated that causes them to clog more easily, or are they just smaller in diameter than the other cars jets?

/Mikael
bicrider

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had a simalar prob with my e46 i was washing the screen and the water was coming out like snot really thick so i took the resivor out and cleaned it and found there is a filter where the pump conects to the resivor and this was completey covered with the snot cleaned it up then had to blow the tubes through with a eletric tyre pump that solved the prob

hope this helps
edjack

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps the check valves are clogged. Look for them on the underside of the bonnet, near the nozzles.

Ed BMW CCA member since 1987 (Nr. 62319).
'97 540i 6 speed Aspensilber over Aubergine interior.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E46 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: