Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dim tail / brake lights - my remedy
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MisterFixit

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:48 pm    Post subject: E30 early or late, lighting updates available Reply with quote

I have just gotten a bunch more parts in, ready to help update your tails and brake lights!

Double The Size (late brake lights, +50%)
Triple The Output of tail and brake lights;
Far More Reliable, with two bulbs per side lighting together.

No check panel warnings, no melting lenses, no cutting wires.
Plug and Play.

Loaners available for Daily Drivers.
Headlight protection keeps your 'eyes' from being punched out.

MisterFixit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject: bump Reply with quote

Still offering to help you with these restored, high performance lights for your E30 and other model BMWs, just need an email and we can get started.

Be Seen, and Not Hurt.

Thanks!
MisterFixit

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:06 pm    Post subject: Tail, brake lighht upgrades- pics! Reply with quote

OK, I found this old post and recalled someone had asked for pics, so here are some pics. They are on the E30 site, R3vLimited, hope it works.

Early style lights-
http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=190578

Late style lights -
http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=191231

I tried the links, they work for me. If they don't work for you, email or pm me, I'll send pics directly to you by email.

By the way, look at the dates, these are older posts, the prices may have changed.

BTW #2- Similar upgrades for E24 sharks, bimmerjo. But on the shark, the reflectors are restored (if needed) to boost light output even more, they are Stunning!

I am running a sale for Christmas, so gift wrapping is extra Smile
MisterFixit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 12:20 pm    Post subject: New cars added to my 'repertoire' Reply with quote

Well, it looks like I can't stop improving these kits, making them simpler and more reliable. What's wrong with that, eh?

I had a brainstorm while talking to a guy about his 73 2002 roundie. I've been doing these for longer than any other BMW, since a 1972 2002 was my first 'real car' back in 1979. February 7, 1979, to be exact. I took it out for a spin, and got a ticket within two days of receipt. Sheesh!

Anyway, I had been installing a soldered connection to power an added tail light filament to make them 'bigger, brighter, more reliable' etc., and had a thought - why not install a tiny little wire harness that did NOT require any soldering, but instead just plugged in between the existing harness and the light?? OK, done! Another improvement derived from a conversation with a customer... my favorite thing to do (well, close to favorite).

I'll see if I can change my avatar to show the dual tail light round version of a 2002 rear light.

Keep those cards and letters coming, folks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: