Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

final inspection

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dale

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: final inspection Reply with quote

Had plumbing inspection done Wednesday, Passed with no trouble.

Had the final construction inspection this Thursday morning.
PASSED!!
At this point all that's left is final painting, and some minor trim, knobs, etc.
Then putting epoxy down on the floor, and we can start using the space, yah!

http://www.unofficialbmw.com/house/yellow-west-seattle/basement/oct-4-2006/

One ding I received on a previous inspection was a lack of combustable air supply to the furnace and water heater. This is why you always put a louvered door on a furnace or water heater room. Since we already had these doors on, we just blocked off the inside of the doors and I'll add foam insulation before we are complete.
Since we were adding 3 rooms in the basement, the furnace and water heater would only have the hallway to draw air from, so the inspector suggested I install 6" vents directly to the outside.
You can see the new vents in the pics below:

Outside

Look at all that afternoon light coming in, awesome!

Got the toilet installed, it took a bit of figuring out to find the right sized toilet, we needed a short one to keep the pathway clear. I now know I could have put it 2" closer to the wall, and 2" further into the room. Oh well. It's hard to put the top of a 3" pipe accurately in 3 dimensions when the only reference you have is a chunk of concrete 6" away.

Note the capped 3" pipe at the bottom center of this picture, that's the toilet drain:

The bathroom is painfully white right now, it will get some color soon:

Cabinets in the hallway are now in, I bought the inexpensive cabinets at Home Depot, assembled them myself, then had my trim finish carpenter guy install them so it would look nice, I think it turned out well.
We had a piece of crappy plywood with bad hinges as a door into the crawl space unde the house, it let lots of cold air into the hall in the winter.
I bought some 3/4" oak plywood and nice cabinet hinges, and my trim guy also finished that very nicely. It's the wood door all the way on the right in the pics below.

this is what it looked like before:

After:

When the electrician was fixing the wiring in one closet, he had to chop some big holes to re-route the wiring. Got that patched up.

Before, partially patched:

After:

Dale
sold in 2016
87 325 5spd eta
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> dale All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: