Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

elec inspection

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dale

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 5:08 pm    Post subject: elec inspection Reply with quote

I barely managed to not have to rip out sheetrock to expose the electrical.
I had many many photos of the space, and was able to show the inspector what I had done.

Next up is finishing some drywall in the hallway, finish primer paint, top coat paint, caulking the trim, install some cabinets, electrical trim out, install toilet, vanity, combustable air vents. Paint the floor with epoxy.

Get final plumbing inspection, final electrical inspection, final consturction inspection. If they all pass, we're done!
sold in 2016
87 325 5spd eta

dale

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got the drywall up in the hallway. Taped, and 1st and 2nd coats of mud applied. In the morning I'll sand a little and add another coat of mud.

Then I'll primer the other parts of the drywall that don't have fresh mud. Hopefully by that time the mud is dry we'll be able to do the hallway trim.

We got the trim all caulked, the basement primer done everywhere except the hallway, the bedrooms and bathroom are painted white.

Saturday I have the trim guy coming back to trim out the hallway, fix the shingles around the outside of the windows, and install the new cabinets.

The electrician is coming also to do the electric trimout.

With some luck I'll schedule the electrical and plumbing final inspections for Monday or Tuesday, and the final construction inspection for the next day.
sold in 2016
87 325 5spd eta

Last edited by dale on Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
dale

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Electrical trimout is complete, we've got light!! Now lots of outlets, dimmers, lights, lights in closets, lights in hallways, it's all good!

Shower vent and light installed, along with the GFI in the bathroom:

The windows that we installed were never finished on the outside, until today. They are nicely trimmed out now in ceder and we'll paint them soon to match the rest of the house. Huge improvement.

Added another layer of mud to the drywall in the basement, and have a fan and heater going to get it dry by morning. Oy, will the mudding never end?

The closets all have lights now, much better!

We had to re-route a wire, and it required some fishing through the rock, which means in a closet there are now huge gaping holes in the walls, oh well, I'll fix those tomorow. The good news is that we have all the lights in, and it all should pass the electrical inspection on Monday.

Sunday I'll be installing the bathroom fixtures so we can get the plumbing inspection done on Monday or Tuesday. It's moving along quickly now, so quickly I haven't had time to take pictures and upload them!

Soon, soon, we'll have more pictures for the visually oriented folks out there.

Dale
sold in 2016
87 325 5spd eta
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> dale All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: