Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Windows won't roll down - '86 325e

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sabernar

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2000 7:46 am    Post subject: Windows won't roll down - '86 325e Reply with quote

Both power windows don't work at all. No clicking or buzzing. I thought it was a fuse, but I didn't see any burnt fuses (unless the fuse is just plain missing - there are a couple open slots). I popped out the switch housing and all the wires were attached, but I didn't disassemble the housing at all.

Any ideas?
rduckwor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2000 2:59 pm    Post subject: Windows won't roll down - '86 325e Reply with quote

I can't remember my '86 325, it off at college, but typically there is a circuit breaker up front soemwhere that can cut power to the windows to keep the kids from getting hurt. It is a small (1Cm square) switch usually near the window switches or on the lower center dash. Try this. If a red strip is showing, then push it back in and try them.

Also, PULL fuses and check them . They may look great from above but get cruddy and dirty.

HTH

Bob Duckworth
sabernar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2000 7:30 am    Post subject: Windows won't roll down - '86 325e Reply with quote

The boig problem is that I don't know which fuse equates with the power windows.

Anyone have a fuse diagram?
sabernar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2000 7:30 am    Post subject: Windows won't roll down - '86 325e Reply with quote

The boig problem is that I don't know which fuse equates with the power windows.

sabernar

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2000 7:31 am    Post subject: Windows won't roll down - '86 325e Reply with quote

The big problem is that I don't know which fuse equates with the power windows.

nigelbobbin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2000 4:46 am    Post subject: Windows won't roll down - '86 325e Reply with quote

The fuse is one item also there will be a power relay somwhere in the engine compartment. this could account for the fact that both winders are out.

Also you could pull the door trim off and check for + 12 v at the motor end of the wiring loom

nigel
5SPEED

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2000 6:06 am    Post subject: Windows won't roll down - '86 325e Reply with quote

On my '86 325, the way I got my rear window to roll down was to activate the switch, and simultaneously wack the cover (with the side of your fist) that is over the spot where the manual roll-down handle is. It worked every time. That means that it happens periodically, but didn't cost a dime.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: