Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I believe I have your E30
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
polyrhythmic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brakes are finally here. The left caliper came from California, and the right is arriving any moment from NY. The new Centric brake rotors look good too. I'll swap those out today and will also wire in the alarm and "retained accessory power" relays.

Dale if you still have those trim pieces available I'm finally ready!

Now I'm thinking I should do the valves and timing too. I should have ordered the valve cover gasket with everything else! There will always be something more...
Pushing 300,000 and going strong Smile
85-325e

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know Charles... I always try to order more parts than I need, cause I know things will never go as planned... and even with that, I always have to order something else during the job!

Good luck! Keep us posted...

dale

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Charles,
email me and we'll setup a time
Dale
dale at unofficialbmw dot com
sold in 2016
87 325 5spd eta
polyrhythmic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the luck, new calipers and rotors are in! She stops on a dime! Alarm is wired in, so I finally put the new stereo in permanently. Time for some photos once traffic dies down and I can take her someplace nice Smile

Always something else though! After getting on the right rotor and both calipers, I discovered the left rotor bolt was totally stripped! Before I ruined the hub I just took her to my local trusty mechanic: Omar at Ballard Auto & Muffler (who installed my cat & exhaust). He took a blowtorch to it and hammered in a flathead socket attachment, and it came out neatly in minutes. Better than I could have done and extremely affordable. Of course I had ordered new bolts, so those are now in with the new rotors.

While it was up on the lift he showed me how my front control arm bushings are shot. Bummer to hear but I'm glad he pointed it out. I'll have to do some research on what it takes to refurb.

Dale I'm emailing you now. So great to have the 318 back on the road!!
Pushing 300,000 and going strong Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: