Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

newkeys beem *lots of large images*warning*
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 Member Cars

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
idanity

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

been a while,
recent work is the fenders and sideskirts
also, clutch is slipping, so going for a stage 2 or 3 setup to handle the abuse.

more pix soon (just realizing how out of cronological order this is..i will re-organize it on the next rainy day ...

my car in the rain (and my 4x4 in the background) showing the new fenders style

my friend and I were out to lunch, the bmw was warmed up, and we came back to find the new speedbumps quite slippery, i started to slip, and just let it slide (it was clear and i had a "its clear spotter" and supervisor who said- prove it with his "go" signal) --- you can see, it cost me about 300 miles on my tires.

this pic is on my friends phone for my contact info, he sees this when i call.
all this equals some really long burnout trax that lasted for 3 weeks !,
another reason to love the old bmw's (if you can control them)

heres an older pic from a b.b.q that Benchwork audio had.
so many nice cars there, i felt so poor. but still had a blast. (there was a Porsche that raced on the Nürburgring

also adding the body work done (never posted so many pix/ vids)

what my car looks like w/out a fender

some grinding that had to be done (removed the bad body work that was done by a prev. owner, the crown is gone, and flat again, this is a taste of what was necessary)

a bit of hammering

and repeated grinding, hammering,
i wish i took pix of the corner too (it was never even attempted to be fixed, it was just painted)..with any repair thats bad, we always need to bring it back to the bare metal. and the bmw metal is really thick.

sanded about 30 different times to get it right, (too much, and redo, not enough and then too much- redo )

industrial bondo (from Westco ) and some putty is the way to go.

and

this final stage, we can still see a slight crown, (was redone) and now its been primered and painted silver all winter, waiting for a full repaint.

going to remove the windshield, and all molding, fenders, handles, trim, lights, in the spring/summer (providing i have $$) of course.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 Member Cars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: