Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

4 point racing harness recommendations?

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
killerbeem

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: 4 point racing harness recommendations? Reply with quote

Anyone can recommend me the best bang for the buck on a 4 point racing harness for my 84 3s5e?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

See all UnofficialBMW Ads
Tom Olsson
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:55 am    Post subject: 4 point racing harness recommendations? Reply with quote

Hmm, well that depends on what you're really talking about. If you're in lapping or schools, a Schroth clip-in 4-point is a good solution. Good harness with anti-sub capability, and you won't have to tear up your interior to install it.

If you're truly talking about racing, then you will need to buy a 5 or 6 point 3" harness. I'm very partial to the Sparco (Sabelt) FIA standard belts. They've got a longer life than the standard SFI belt, and seem to be a bit softer, so are easier to get buckled in to. The bang for the buck factor is great. Willans makes a great harness, but they're twice the price. Yee-ouch.

Other than brand, here's a couple of thoughts on options. I like pull-up lap belts. These make it much easier to cinch down when they're already connected. On the sub belt, if you go for the 6-point option, make sure that the pick up point at the latch is only one strap wide. We tried a belt that the clip assembly was wider than that, and it was *really* uncomfortable in exactly the wrong place, if you know what I mean.

[ 09-29-2005: Message edited by: Tom Olsson ]
cagedruss

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See Charles, he can help you with this.

http://www.safedrives.com/categories.asp?cat=18
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Racing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: