Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dale's E30 Racecar is getting ready to paint...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dale

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 7:35 pm    Post subject: Dale's E30 Racecar is getting ready to paint... Reply with quote

Perhaps do the ///M strip over the front left corner as this one is. (none of the other stuff on this car though, too busy and hard to reproduce!)

See all UnofficialBMW Ads
kyshadetreebmw

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Dale's E30 Racecar is getting ready to paint... Reply with quote

The busy background would be easy to blend back in if you take some dents and dinks. That car is kind of cool. I actually dislike a "busy" design but that one takes it beyond so that the 'busy' becomes solid. You could make UnOfBMW strong within its own field set amidst a busy background on white.
Cephas

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 5:58 am    Post subject: Dale's E30 Racecar is getting ready to paint... Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by dale:
I keep using the stock DME with the Mass Airflow. It has a conversion box with a rich-lean dial on it. It converts the value it gets from the Mass Airflow Sensor, to the range the DME expects, so the DME still thinks there is a flap style airflow in place.

Dale,
I'm interested in the conversion box/MAS set-up you're using. If you don't mind, what brand are they, or where can I find some information on them. I've been wanting to change over to a MAS system for a while.
Thanks,
-Peter
dale

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:31 am    Post subject: Dale's E30 Racecar is getting ready to paint... Reply with quote

I don't know the name...but mine is for sale, including the fresh E36 325i fuel injectors that you need to take advantage of it.

Interested? It's only been used in about 3 races. send me email if you want to chat further about it

I'll take a pic and post it in a little while.
Mass Airflow

Dale
dale@unofficialbmw.com

[ 01-31-2004: Message edited by: dale ]
Billo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 3:14 pm    Post subject: Dale's E30 Racecar is getting ready to paint... Reply with quote

Hey,

I figure after the race at the local eatery...

Bill
dale

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 8:09 pm    Post subject: Dale's E30 Racecar is getting ready to paint... Reply with quote

Starting the prep of the car:

http://www.unofficialbmw.com/racing/paint/

[ 02-01-2004: Message edited by: dale ]
Schwaa

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 9:24 am    Post subject: Dale's E30 Racecar is getting ready to paint... Reply with quote

I think stripes up the hood and across the roof /trunk would look cool.

Follow the v of the hood up from the kidneys, really wide in the back. Paint the kidneys to match the stripes.

Any color combo could work.
kristuphir

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 8:41 pm    Post subject: Dale's E30 Racecar is getting ready to paint... Reply with quote

Here's my vote, if the link works:
http://www.sharexperiences.com/picforum//displayimage.php?pos=-5191

[ 02-04-2004: Message edited by: Kristuphir ]
kyshadetreebmw

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 12:38 am    Post subject: Dale's E30 Racecar is getting ready to paint... Reply with quote

Looks good! good package given the inputs.
dale

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:03 am    Post subject: Dale's E30 Racecar is getting ready to paint... Reply with quote

Hey! That's cool!
dale

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:07 am    Post subject: Dale's E30 Racecar is getting ready to paint... Reply with quote

Guys,
Thanks for all the input and feedback. Right now I think I'll be going with the 'Castrol' style one as shown in the very first posting.

Anyone have ideas on how to replace the Castrol with 'UnofficialBMW.com' ?
It's a much longer name, needs a wrap probably on the side...
Perhaps put it all the way up above the door handle on the side?

Dale
B Trusty

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:23 am    Post subject: Dale's E30 Racecar is getting ready to paint... Reply with quote

Hey Dale,
I have some skill as a graphic artist..I'll try to come up with something for you tonight or tomorrow.
JRS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:06 pm    Post subject: Dale's E30 Racecar is getting ready to paint... Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by dale:
..(snip).. Anyone have ideas on how to replace the Castrol with 'UnofficialBMW.com' ?
It's a much longer name, needs a wrap probably on the side...
Perhaps put it all the way up above the door handle on the side?
..(snip)..

C'mon be proud - show it loud. Make it stand out (large letterings).

Visit CafeExpress.com and setup shop - sell shirts, mugs, etc. It'll help offset the cost for repainting and keeping this forum up.

JRS
Billo
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 2:08 pm    Post subject: Dale's E30 Racecar is getting ready to paint... Reply with quote

Hey Dale,

I've done this one several times. It's funny too, each time after dinking with it for an hour or two, I've just closed down without saving. It just refuses to look anything like it would in real life unless I blur it or make it the size of a matchbox car. I haven't given up though. Patience is a virtue.

Bill
dale

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:39 pm    Post subject: Dale's E30 Racecar is getting ready to paint... Reply with quote

Bill,
Would it help if I took a direct side-shot and direct front and rear shots and posted those pics? Thanks man!

JRS: I was just thinking about Unofficialbmw.com Tshirts. Let's chat about that over in the Lounge.

Dale
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Racing All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: