Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cop stories and other BS

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
graha13836

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject: Cop stories and other BS Reply with quote

Thought we needed some stories about how people got out of tickets..

One day I was driving my 86 300E down a very remote highway here in Centeral Florida (471 for those of you close) with the cruise set at a nice easy 110mph when I noticed one of Florida's Finest coming the other way, I saw him seeing me and he slowed down and turned around. I by this time had already pulled off the road, had license and insurance, registration and all in hand. He walked up to the car and the first words out of his mouth.. A very stern "Do you know what happens when you hit a deer running 110mph?" I looked him in the eye figuring I was in plenty of trouble so what the hell.. An told him with a straight face.. "Officer, I have never seen a deer running 110mph" He handed me back my papers and was still laughing when he got in his car and turned to go on his way..
donaldan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Cop stories and other BS Reply with quote

How lucky! That is something I never realized. We do have deers in Florida. One of my friends hit one on Route 70 two Sundays ago just outside the town of Okeechobee. It wiped out a large part of her Caravan's front. Nothing was left of the grill and the left headlight. The radiator is now an inverted "V." Of course, when one needs a cop, there wasn't any to be had. She being alone and a woman, wanted some security in the middle of nowhere and middle of the night. She called on her cell phone and had to wait two hours before a cop showed up.
JRS

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:27 pm    Post subject: Cop stories and other BS Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by donaldan:
How lucky! That is something I never realized. We do have deers in Florida. ...
Wow. I guess I was lucky also - I recently travelled through I-10 and I-75 between 7:30 pm and 1:00am - doing 85mph. No deer jumped onto the highway.

JRS
ExemptX2000

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:02 pm    Post subject: Cop stories and other BS Reply with quote

My girlfriend and I hit a deer a few years back... Rather it hit us... We were traveling on one of the backroads by our house and all of a sudden he apparently tried to hop over the road but didnt quite make it... Landing right on the top and half on the roof, the car was her father's elcamino, messed up the windsheild, kicked the drivers side window and busted it out... It stopped the car in its tracks, cut the engine off any everything... It was a scary incident cuz we didnt know what happened at first, I saw something red hit the windsheild, after the car stopped I jumped out and I heard something running in the woods, my first thought was some damn kids thru a brick at the window, course there was no brick... Cops came searched the woods and found a wounded deer... There was also hair in the windshield... The ended up putting it out of its misery...

[ 03-31-2004: Message edited by: ExemptX2000 ]
patrick66

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 2:07 pm    Post subject: Cop stories and other BS Reply with quote

I was stationed in Alaska in 1980-81. We had a 13-mile drive from the radar site to Galena, which is in west-central Alaska next to the Yukon River. We had three radio checkpoints to call the site while driving to or from the town, so in case there was vehicle trouble, accidents, etc, we had a location to refer to at the last call.

Our senior Chief was driving a brand-new '80 Dodge 4x4 crew cab to get the mail in town. He checked in at Alpha, then Bravo, then nothing heard for nearly 20 minutes. It was zero degrees and there was several bears and moose sighted during the day, so we went out to check on the Chief. He came around a curve doing about 40 when he hit a 1,500# moose running full tilt at him. The front clip was crushed, the moose flew into the cab and crushed back to the rear window. The Chief, seeing what was inevitable, ducked down in the seat before impact. The moose had him pinned in the seat, and all he got was a bruised shoulder and a mild concussion. The 100-mile truck was a total, obviously. We had moose meat for quite a while at the radar site, and the Chief brought the moose head back to the lower 48 with him when he went back to Colorado the next year.

Fun with wildlife continues...!
donaldan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2004 3:43 am    Post subject: Cop stories and other BS Reply with quote

Back to the Cop story track, here is one. Fellow was chased by a cop doing over 100mph. He wasn't sure what to do, whether to stop or to escape. He decided to take the former route and stopped. Cop came over and said this was my last beat. I have heard just about every excuse there was. So what is yours? Fellow said, "I really didn't intent to stop for you but just thought that my wife recently left me for a cop and you may be returning her to me. So I decided to stop." Cop said, "You are right I should have. She was such a bitch! Anyway, your excuse topped them all, and you made my day. You can go"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: