Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

So we all need money...so where does yours come from?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dale

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: So we all need money...so where does yours come from? Reply with quote

Re the Ken Roberts referrals above, I just did a quick google and found these:
http://www.turtletrader.com/kenroberts-trading.html http://www.turtletrader.com/forbes.html

I'm sure commodity trading can be very successful, but it doesn't sound like Ken Roberts teaches a winning formula.

Dale
===========================================
Wanted to post a followup to this, just found that they are selling a class for $999, so Roberts is a competitor of theirs.
When I posted the above I didn't realize they were a for-profit organization, I thought they were just an information site.
I don't recommend them as I have no knowledge of whether or not their system works, but it does sound intriguing.
Dale

[ 01-26-2004: Message edited by: dale ]
BD325ic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 6:03 pm    Post subject: So we all need money...so where does yours come from? Reply with quote

Don't spend a $1,000 before taking a low cost program. Get some basics first

This is what I wrote above, by no means does your education stop there.

"Ken Roberts explains the process in a simple manner, his course is BASIC but it got me hooked."

To many experts explain the markets in such a complex way that most beginners won't go any further. Ken Roberts does an excellent job of educating you on the basics. I'll always be indebted to him and recommend his course because without it I would not have gotten started.

Turtle Trading, "Long Term Position Trading", "Trade the Trend". I've read it'a an excellent course, if my current plan was not sucessful, I would have moved on to something else, possibly this. From what I can tell, their methods require a larger margin account and they're better suited to institutional trading, (i.e. Banks, Insurance Firms, Fund Managers), not so much for the beginner even though they claim otherwise.

Either way, don't be so quick to dismiss something just because you read an opposing opinion on a website. I encourage anyone that will listen to at least check out Commodities/Options as an investment vehicle. It works for me and my methods are simple.

Bruce
95 325ic
e30_325es

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2004 7:01 pm    Post subject: So we all need money...so where does yours come from? Reply with quote

i'm also a student, but am up at SUNY Canton in upstate NY (and by upstate i mean half an hour from canada). i am going there for auto mechanics, cause i've got a passion for working on cars.

i get my money by working weekends as a mechanic at a nearby Goodyear/Gemini auto care center. when i'm home in syracuse i work at a different Goodyear store, but it all works to keep up my habit (BMW habit that is).
TomTaz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:39 pm    Post subject: So we all need money...so where does yours come from? Reply with quote

I'm a test engineer for the cell phone manufacture Kyocera Wireless I try to make sure folks can kill each other while talking and driving at the same time!
Cephas

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 5:42 am    Post subject: So we all need money...so where does yours come from? Reply with quote

Bruce,
How's everything going. Didn't you have a white E30 Cabrio before? It's good to see you're still on the boards. How's the E36 treating you?
-Peter
ExemptX2000

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 10:06 pm    Post subject: So we all need money...so where does yours come from? Reply with quote

Amazing how many PC repair answers there are... But ummm, yea...

PC Repair Technician...
cbeuning

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 10:36 pm    Post subject: So we all need money...so where does yours come from? Reply with quote

Construction Engineer
jamminjames

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: So we all need money...so where does yours come from? Reply with quote

Currently I'm in a Controls Engineering position at a local tire manufacturing plant - Owned by Bridgestone / Firestone. Primarily I do PLC programming on the machines that actually make the green tires before their cured. I've also had my hand in the sorting and quality-testing machines. We also manufacture other brands - (Sears) Guardsman, Dayton, Gillete, etc. 25K - 30K tires per day.
Way back in the beginning I started out in the manufacturing maintenance arena. Over the years I've engineered industrial burner controls systems, and a lot of controls engineering / support in the bottling industry (Poland Spring, Pepsi, Gatorade, and Dole to name a few).
Here I am rambling on... But to toot my own horn a bit: I can program just about any machine to make just about anything and do it efficiently and quickly. Once I was able to get three water-bottling lines to produce 1150 bottles a minute - now that's fast...
Now I'll get back to my ol' humble self.
James

[ 03-07-2004: Message edited by: JamminJames ]
Kyzee

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2004 8:11 pm    Post subject: So we all need money...so where does yours come from? Reply with quote

DBA short for Database administrator at a local bank...yada yada..blah blah.

[ 03-07-2004: Message edited by: Kyzee ]
Rich Maddox

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:09 am    Post subject: So we all need money...so where does yours come from? Reply with quote

I'm a Transportation Associate for
Partners Healthcare System. Translated, that
means Driver. I work a regular 40 hrs
per week (S,M,T,-,-,F,S 12n-830pm); and, I'm
on call for STAT specimen transport
(M-Th 8pm -8am; and, F 8pm - M 8am).

Xman

[ 03-08-2004: Message edited by: Xman ]
bkbrouwer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:30 am    Post subject: So we all need money...so where does yours come from? Reply with quote

I am currently a CAD Draftsman for an Architectural firm, but I will be going back to school this fall to get my Masters in Architecture.
Bavarian Weedeater

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 11:53 am    Post subject: So we all need money...so where does yours come from? Reply with quote

i work at advance discount auto parts as a cashier and parts counter guy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jcrim

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:44 pm    Post subject: So we all need money...so where does yours come from? Reply with quote

I'm working on my aerospace engineering degree at the University of Texas, though I'm thinking about switching to mechanical. I get cash mostly from my parents and from various odd-jobs: mostly computer related.

[ 03-31-2004: Message edited by: danny_newnan ]
graha13836

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject: So we all need money...so where does yours come from? Reply with quote

Collector for a bank that just got bought and is about to make me fairly comfortable.
Baxter Stockman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:40 pm    Post subject: So we all need money...so where does yours come from? Reply with quote

Respiratory Therapist for the last 10 years, Auto Mechanic before that.

Terry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: