Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

News Flash..! Spanish Government overthrown by 5 terrorists
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
markf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 8:33 am    Post subject: News Flash..! Spanish Government overthrown by 5 terrorists Reply with quote

I do believe that the Hypocrisy you speak of, is prevalent in all countries. Nobody wants to help africa...

but on second thought.. there are a lot of resorces to be had in africa. Perhaps its the hopless degree of anarchy in the troubled regions, and the peoples inability to form a cohesive government to foster a comprehensive business environment.

Aiding these 'regions' outside of profit-motive, is nothing more than Nation-Building.
When you start doing that, then your motives become suspect.

As for humanitarian relief... remember Samalia.

Its pointless to interfere until these people mature/remature into a society.
Tribal Mentality still prevails in the troubled regions.
To intervein would certainly lead to loss of life and money...
and any progress made would be lost the day you left. A classic lose/lose senario.

I think there is an evolutionary path which all nations must travel.. a journey which the nations people must traverse alone.. and in so doing, after much trial and turmoil, emerge with a national identity, which serves to bond the people into a society, and thus, a nation.

In my opinion..

No hard feelings..
were Americans.. right?

[ 04-05-2004: Message edited by: markf ]
kyshadetreebmw

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: News Flash..! Spanish Government overthrown by 5 terrorists Reply with quote

I agree with you about the societal maturing. And I wasn't suggesting that we should be rushing to intervene in all these situations. I was just saying that the motives that were being expressed as the only reason we were in Iraq, you know installing democracy/republic style of government,etc., was not necessarily the primary reason that we took on Iraq at this time. Everyone was being prideful about how great we are, and Bush had previously stated his reason for going after Saddam, "He tried to kill my Daddy!" I can relate to the sympathy! Blah, Blah. I lost any specific train of thought here... Truth is we have lots of activity on the ground in many of these festering places as we speak. Overt and Covert and it is the integrity of these folks on the ground that create any real change. All the protests against the School of the Americas fail to realize the importance of the humanitarian importance of some of the techniques that are taught concerning crowd control, etc. of these police forces in these previously extremely despotic and cruel 'regimes' (!!) Later, my kid summons! Thanks. Ron
kyshadetreebmw

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2004 5:50 pm    Post subject: News Flash..! Spanish Government overthrown by 5 terrorists Reply with quote

Henry, there is no forgiving incidents such as you mention. But there are evil persons in any institution including police or army.
My comment was meant to expand the idea that things are not simple. To not provide professional training to the police or military of some of these developing nations, is to leave street power in the hands of untrained individuals that may have little interest in the rule of law. It takes training and the introduction of concepts of the rule of law and protocols in the handling of people. And it is very important that the person on the street understands and applies these concepts. Highminded concepts spoken by an administrator or bureaucrat doesn't mean a thing if the training doesn't reach the ground.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: