Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

track day

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dale

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: track day Reply with quote

I had a great day at the track today, and Roadstergal was out driving the Miata and taking some pics.

The touring suprises a lot of folks on the track and really does ok for a 3700 lb vehicle. 235/45/17 Kuhmo MXs help a bit.

Dale
Cephas

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:52 am    Post subject: track day Reply with quote

Dale-

You're the "track master"
Looks like a lot of fun. I'm finally going to start AutoX this year. I'm really excited, I just hope the car holds up

-Peter
kirchenmaus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:54 am    Post subject: track day Reply with quote

i love to see that. most of what i see at our autox is z3's and miata's. nothing against those, but since i can't get out there yet i want to at least see some e30 action.
ooh, i can't wait.
kirchenmaus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 10:03 am    Post subject: track day Reply with quote

i want to clarify what i said above. i'd rather see a 525iT than a bunch of corvettes. i really want to see some more e30 s on track day.
by the way what is the tire size on your 86?
dale

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: track day Reply with quote

I run either 225/50/14 or 225/50/15 tires. Usually Toyo RA1s that are race car left overs, or Kuhmo V700 Victoracers.

The 525iTouring has 235/45/17 Kuhmo MX tires on M5 forged aluminum rims.

Dale
dale

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004 8:08 pm    Post subject: track day Reply with quote

If you'd like to see more pics of the track day, check out this site. Our club arranged for 3 club members with nice cameras to be out taking pictures all day, then hosting them all in a single place:

Warning, there are hundreds here. Some E30s, including an automatic eta 4dr, mostly a little newer.
http://209.180.204.251/BMWCCA/index.html

Dale

[ 03-22-2004: Message edited by: dale ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Lounge All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: