Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Increasing air flow through the air mass sensor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Z Cars Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave carambula

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Increasing air flow through the air mass sensor Reply with quote

I've got an idea for increasing the CFM for a naturally aspirated Z3 (3.0L) and I need to find out the CFM rate that my car draws through the air mass sensor when the throttle is flat out...er..when the tack reads 5K,5.5k, 6k and 6.5K. Does anyone out there have a contact at one of those companies that plays with dynos and engine management chips? Also, a new chip will affect redline by either removing the governor or raising the cut-out point... The question is, if the new cut-out is 6.5 or 7K, at what point do the valves lose efficiency...(float), or better, does the power curve also rise to that point, thereby making the effort worthwhile? In my view, more air means more gas,means more power, at least to some extent with a standard ECU. I just need someone to give me an idea who to ask these questions...who is the guru for 3 liter Bimmers?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> Z Cars Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: