Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Might sell my 88 IS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> BMWs for sale

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
88_325is

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:07 am    Post subject: Might sell my 88 IS Reply with quote

Im going to talk to the bank today and see if the will finance me a 99 323is with 70k miles for $10k. I have done alot to my 88is, new t-belt 110 miles ago, new water pump, t-stat and a/c was serviced.Just replaced the o2 sensor,new blower motor..resistor needs replaced or just re-soldered, only works on high, easy fix. Interior is clean for the year with the exception of the driver and passenger seats, leather is cracking due to dryness all power windows and door locks and power sunroof are very operational like new. No rust, paint is very good considering the age. Still has all 5 of the bbs wheels and caps, the logos peeled off..cheap on ebay. New trunk BMW emblem hood one is fading. The ONLY work that needs done..which bothers me...driveshaft support bearing (vibration between 75-80mph)can be annoying, rear passenger shock mount..the rattling is AHHH annoying going over little bumps on the road! If you like the ricer euro muffler sound, then dont worry about the small hole in the muffler!! Its annoying to me! Asking $2500. I have the carfax, Im the 2nd owner other than the car lot I bought it from, it was just inspected by the BMW dealer in odessa and it passed! I did it after repairing the SI board.Oh by the way 162k miles on the clock. I was going to do the valve cover gasket and adjust the valves this weekend..but im going out of town. The valves dont tick..but there is a small leak in the gasket that gets on the exaust manifold after driving for a while and I HATE the smell!!Mind as well ckeck valve clearance while in there! I wish I could keep it..but I need a down payment for the 99 bimmer. PM me if you want pics, they look bad because of the glare from the sun. Power mirrors work. There are a few small dings and stuff here and there, hardly noticeable, but can be repaired at a paintless dent remover shop.
88_325is

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Might sell my 88 IS Reply with quote

Nevermind..I can't get a loan..too stretched..so Im keeping my car!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> BMWs for sale All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: