Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

84 318i for sale as whole or parts... Needs work... *UPDATE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> BMWs for sale

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ExemptX2000

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 1:44 am    Post subject: 84 318i for sale as whole or parts... Needs work... *UPDATE Reply with quote

Hello,

I am selling my 1984 318i.

Its a 2 door sedan, dark blue (lapis blau?) exterior, blue cloth interior, 250k+ miles (says 200 on the odo cuz it stopped working), last time I drove it approx 6 months ago it still got great 40 mpg gas mileage! 5 speed transmission. It is listed in my local news paper for $800, but honestly I would take $500 for it now, we are planning on moving soon and I just cant afford to take it with me... Car is located in Pineville, Lousiana, zip code 71360. Its smack dab in the middle of the state...

Heres all the known problems, there may be more but these are the main ones...

Major Probs:
Oil Leak (I replaces the oil pan gasket and it still leaks, it must be the rear main oil seal, when I drove it, I had to put in a quart every 2 weeks or so.)

Water leak in the rear window (this is because of the rear windows gasket/seal is loose, not sure what it takes to fix this)

May need a brake job done (ill explain later)

Crack in windsheild (from a bad hail storm)

Hail Damage (from same said hail storm)

Heat and Air conditioner do not work, air is because it kept popping belts, heat is because the heating core makes a loud noise when u turn it on the higher settings I think it gets hot after some time, it just dosnt blow to heat up the car faster.

Minor Probs:
Odometer dosnt work (same old problem with the gears in the instrument clusters of the E30s)

Missing shift boot. (Was torn I was going to replace it but never got around to it)

Drivers side seat is ripped on the drivers side.

Battery dies, but this is beacuse I let the car sit for a few months.

Pluses:
Brand new starter installed a month b4 I stopped driving the car.

Brand new radiator, replaced about a month before I stopped driving the car.

3x New tires as of Christmas 2002, havnt driven it much since then so theyre practically new! 4th tire was installed in 2001 sometime, so its in fair condition I believe.

Newer transmission, installed about a year and a half ago.

Aftermarket Pioneer Cd player (amber lights match perfectly with the stock gauges and clock)

Aftermarket Kenwood 4ch amp

4x Aftermarket midrange speakers

2x Kenwood tweeters

Spare tire in the trunk (not sure how good it is, its one of my old tires), also have jack and lug wrench

Upgraded interior, I swapped the interior with a 325es we had for parts, other than the rip in the drivers side seat, interior is in great condition.

I havnt driven the car for an actual drive in about 6 months, I used to go out and take it around the block every week or so untill the batery died on me, this was about 4 months ago. I charged it up and gave it a good washing the other day, once charged started right up. Car does sputter a bit when u first crank it, as it did when I drove it, but once I got the end of my road it drove fine. Now about the brakes, before I stopped driving the car it seemed like I had to push harder on the pedal... I had my girl friends father look at them, he said they are fine, around that same time we did get another car and it may have been the fact I wasnt used to my pedal and was getting used to the other car, but im not sure. It never did scare me to where I wouldnt drive it. I only stopped driving it because we purchased another car. About the body, the car was hit pretty bad by a hail storm so there is ALOT of hail damage on it... I was also in an accident in 2000 with the car where someone hit me on the drivers side rear quarter panel, damage was not severe though...

I can get pics if anyone is interested email me... Exempt@ecsrepairs.com

[ 03-12-2004: Message edited by: ExemptX2000 ]

See all UnofficialBMW Ads
ExemptX2000

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 5:23 pm    Post subject: 84 318i for sale as whole or parts... Needs work... *UPDATE Reply with quote

I just got news from my mom she wants to get rid of our parts car as well, we were going to part it out on ebay so it is all apart, but we have atleast 70% of the car, minus what we sold here and there... She said for $800 u can take em both down the road... The parts car is a white 325es 1986... Has engine, and 2 cylinder heads, 1 has bent valves, other was good until it got left out and got a bit of rust on it... The main parts missing are the interior (thats in the 318i), the drivers side door, and a ver misc parts here and there, from the brake booster, one of the calipers, exhaust from the cat back, just minor stuff like that...

Oh and its ONLY FOR PARTS, we dont have the title for that one...

[ 03-12-2004: Message edited by: ExemptX2000 ]
ExemptX2000

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 2:00 pm    Post subject: 84 318i for sale as whole or parts... Needs work... *UPDATE Reply with quote

Someone, I think it was Cephas PMed me asking for pics of the Cylinder head, well I lost the PMs and cant rem exactly who it was, but here is the pics of the cylinder heads... I cant tell which is the good one and which is the bad one from the pics sorry... But as u can see they are in the same condition as far as rust goes...
http://www.ecsrepairs.com/Pics/

Looking at the pics, I think the good head is Pic 7 - 12...

[ 03-18-2004: Message edited by: ExemptX2000 ]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> BMWs for sale All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: