Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TV function in 2001 E39

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> 5 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
io69

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2001 4:03 am    Post subject: TV function in 2001 E39 Reply with quote

Hi there,
this is my first posting here.
I got my new E39 530d about one month ago. After having two E34 cars (525i 24V and 530 iA V8) it is really a step forward.
This new one is a company car so i choose really a lot of equipment (Routefinder, Leather, Xenon lights, DSCII, CD changer, Hifi sound system, sports bodywork, etc.).
Yesterday I had a talk to someone who ones the same car, he told me that he has heard that there is a way to enable the TV function while driving without consultating a company that is speciallised on such a job. It should be done by operating in a special way on the knobs and keys at the Navigation system. I have the latest version of that system, it seems to be made from Alpine.
It is only rumor but if it would work without modify it via a computer interface I would cheat the system in that way.

Anyone out there that can help ?

THX

------------------
Ingo Hundhausen
Weinheim / Germany

[This message has been edited by io69 (edited 10-28-2001).]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> 5 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: