Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My new X5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> X Cars Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dale

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:42 am    Post subject: My new X5 Reply with quote

Just got back from a 3 day 2500 mile road trip. I'll try to do a complete writeup of the trip tomorrow night.
Short version is that the X5 was everything he described, except that color of the interior is a sage green, instead of a tan. Some people may be saying "ewww", and I wasn't sure at first, but the more I see it, the more I like it.

As a side benefit, I was able to use the salesman's mistake to my advantage and negotiate my already super low price down more.

With 67k miles on the clock, I was looking for some indication of the condition of the motor. I had the salesman change oil before I picked it up, and I used aprox 1/3 quart in 2500 miles, not bad at all. BMW considers 1quart of oil burned in 1000 miles OK, which I find hard to believe.

Options:
- 4.4 v8
- sport package
- dsp stereo
- indash CD
- factory tinted windows
- green interior

Bunch of pics:
http://www.unofficialbmw.com/x5/dale/

[ 07-12-2004: Message edited by: dale ]

See all UnofficialBMW Ads
RedBaron86325

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 11:21 am    Post subject: My new X5 Reply with quote

I've had business dealings with many X5 owners. They all absolutely swear by them. Most of these people ditched their electronics problem prone E39s for the X5.

I have yet to ride/drive in one, but I'd sure like to attempt to fit that 4.4L in an e30.
BD325ic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: My new X5 Reply with quote

Yep, she's a beauty, definately the right color too!

I've been looking at X5's, I want to trade the Explorer and my car for one. I figure I'll then have the best of both worlds.

I just haven't come across one that's right, (price, mileage, features, color, etc.).
94BMW325i

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:02 am    Post subject: My new X5 Reply with quote

I love my 2002 BMW X5 3.0. It is sweet. I spent about $38000 on it. I test drove a 2004 X3 (stripped down) and the '02 X5 I got. There was NO comparison. The X3 felt, I hate to say it, like an old Chevy Nova. Cheap thin doors compared to the thunk you get when you close the X5s door. the X5 is definitely more roomy too. The X3 they wanted $38K too. My '02 X5 has everything except the CD changer which is no biggie. I put one of those in my 325i myself anyway.

I recently had to take my X5 in for service (turn signal and ball joint - covered under warranty) and they gave me a X3 fully loaded to drive. It was way better than the stripped down X3 I test drove before but it was $45K too!

I can't wait until snow comes. i love the X5!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> X Cars Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: