Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

m3 v. 5406spd

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> M Cars Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kushco

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 4:49 am    Post subject: m3 v. 5406spd Reply with quote

I have it narrowed down to an M3 or 540spd(can't swing the M5. The debate is small size and younger image(me-40's) v. larger size and age. I need votes and thoughts asap.
rzech

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2003 4:22 pm    Post subject: m3 v. 5406spd Reply with quote

I am in a similiar bind. I would go with the 540i/manual trans. if it was my choice. I am 36 yrs. old and have had a lot of 3 series fun, but now I find myself married with two kids. Need the extra room. 7 series too stogdy and big.
Have you driven both M-3 and 540???
It's either pocket rocket or Bahnstormer. Depends on the room you need.
I currently have a 1998 528i. Love it, but just drove a 2002 M-5. Oh my god.....My wife will kill me if I bring up the purchase thoughts. Anyway, good luck and let me know how you make out!
Kushco

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2003 5:09 am    Post subject: m3 v. 5406spd Reply with quote

I went with the 540 automatic last week. No regrets. The m3 was just too small and didn't fit my age/profession. I definitly made the right move. The M3 was obviously faster off the line but the 540 is so silky smooth from 30-80. I really don't miss the stick. It does need the automatic trans Dinan download and the horse power Dinan download to step up the off line accelleration.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> M Cars Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: