Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1995 starting to have problems...any help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> M Cars Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kansasM3driver

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 10:28 pm    Post subject: 1995 starting to have problems...any help Reply with quote

I have a 95 M3....two things going wrong currently....

first:

My CD-Changer has decided it doesn't want to work anymore...it started about a month ago kicking itself out from time to time and I would get "disc error"..I would pop it back in and it would be fixed. Now it just says disc error all the time and when I push the buttons to go through the discs the first two say error and the buttons 3-6 just say "no disc" it is funny because the cartridge can be full or empty and it will say the same thing

Second: my engine has developed a "click" which sounds exactly like a lifter that is too loose...anybody know if the inline M 6cyl has adjustable lifters?

Love the car otherwise...would love to hear any thoughts.

Thanks
edjack

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 11:28 am    Post subject: 1995 starting to have problems...any help Reply with quote

The M engines are DOHC, and the valve lash is adjusted via shims that are placed in a cup on top of the valve stem.

Measure the existing clearance to determine what thickness shims you need, and pay exhorbatantly for the shims at the dealer.

CD changer probably needs repair. Don't know anyone who does that, though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> M Cars Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: