Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

check engine light

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> M Cars Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dralin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2002 6:04 pm    Post subject: check engine light Reply with quote

My check engine light just came on and now wont go off. Anyone have any ideas how to reset this light???

No, my gas cap was not off or loose and I have a 1996 model M3 so I already tried tapping the acelerator pedal with no codes.

Thanks.
fvaldiv

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2002 12:48 am    Post subject: check engine light Reply with quote

Have you drastically changed your driving habits or have you not driven the car for a long period of time? I used to use my M3 as my daily driver and I was driving approx. 100 miles a day back and forth to work. Once I stopped using it as my daily my check engine light came on. I called my service rep at the dealer and he told me to continue to drive the car and if after five to seven restarts if the light didn't go out to bring it in. Sure enough after about five restarts the light went out.

I hope this helps.
dralin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2002 5:53 pm    Post subject: check engine light Reply with quote

thanks everyone for your responses

And thanks to Christian for your advice about Autozone; they were able to read OBDII codes and dx problem. Seemed to be a loose gas cap problem; I bought a new one for $2.99 and this seemed to fix problem!!!

Wow!! Go Autozone; they read check engine light codes for FREE.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> M Cars Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: