Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M5 wheels repairable?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> M Cars Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chris may

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 6:01 am    Post subject: M5 wheels repairable? Reply with quote

Scraped the wheels of my E39, ī99 M5 whilst parking, (idiot),and I was told by the dealer here in Cannes that it would be cheaper to buy new wheels than to repair them as they are powder coated etc etc. Does anyone know if thatīs the usual garage chin rubbing, sharp intake of breath mentality or can they repaired by someone with the requisite skills and tools?

donaldan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2002 6:07 pm    Post subject: M5 wheels repairable? Reply with quote

Here in the USA, there are several wheel rebuilders using space age technology. Badly bent BMW rims are fully retored. The result is quite impressive. There are also mobile rim touchup service that removes scratches and restore to former newness. I see them working at local BMW dealership preparing Pre-Owned Certified vehicles. You may find similar services in Europe.
chris may

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2002 3:27 am    Post subject: M5 wheels repairable? Reply with quote

Thanks Donaldan, Iīll keep looking.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> M Cars Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: