Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

radio code

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> M Cars Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flbs

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2002 5:23 pm    Post subject: radio code Reply with quote

I have somehow misplaced my radio code. Unfortunately I kept a light on overnight and had to recharge the battery. Is there any way to get the code without having to get someone to get the serial number off the back of the radio? I don't have a big interest in paying the dealer, and am incompetent as a mechanic.
jdm3

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2002 5:32 am    Post subject: radio code Reply with quote

if you still have the radio manual, the code will printed on two cards that are attached to the inside back cover.
acala

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 8:01 am    Post subject: radio code Reply with quote

you can try asking bmwusa.com, after giving proper id.Im sure they have the radio code registered somewhere in their records..
donaldan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2002 4:04 pm    Post subject: radio code Reply with quote

Even though my recent experience of radio coding is for a 1991 325i, you may reference it for your situation. Let me share it with you.

An independent foreign car garage had one of those tiny hex wrench which helped extracting the radio in 2 minutes, and for free. We called the BMW dealer, gave them the chassis number and back came the code. I would imagine a kind enough BMW dealer would do it for free, too. There is no reason to charge 5 minutes' work. Besides, what an opportunity to build a good rapport with a potential cutomer!

Now, about the coding procedure. For my car, I had to turn the ignition key to bring the accessory power on and let it sit for 70 minutes (one hour and 10 minutes) before punching in the code. This is the number of minutes specified by the BMW dealer. I don't know whether or not, it would be different for your car. Make sure to ask the dealer. Could that also be in your radio manual? The situation came up so fast I didn't have a chance to read my manual.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> M Cars Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: