Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

At Last, A Great Online BMW Auto Parts Experience!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> M Cars Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
charliesmith

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 11:36 pm    Post subject: At Last, A Great Online BMW Auto Parts Experience! Reply with quote

Hey gang,
This may sound like a commercial but believe me, it isn't. I pulled the engine on my '85 528e last week for unrelated repairs. Since I had the engine sitting on my garage floor, I decided this was a great time for some major preventative maintenance items. I was fed up with the rip-off prices at the BMW dealership and the lackluster parts availability from automotive parts chain stores. I located a import auto parts web site and took a chance. It was my first auto-parts-by-mail order. I lucked out big time, on pricing and availability! I ordered rear & front main crank seals, cam & intermediate shaft seals, timing belt/tensioner, water pump, injector seals, bulk 8mm dia. fuel line, preformed coolant/heater hoses under the intake manifold, that totally inaccessible heater pipe gasket on the back of the cyl. head (between the head & firewall) and a heater valve rebuild kit. They had EVERY part. Unbelievable! The 8lb. UPS ground package was sitting on my front porch the next day. Shipping cost was 4 bucks. How's that for service? Better yet visit the web site then call Mike at 1-800-308-5881. You will not find a more knowledgeable parts man on these classic BMW's. I asked Mike for his input on replacing at least the engine connecting rod bearings since the engine was already out and the oil pan was so easily accessible. Mike said "Charlie I would love to sell ya a $40 set of rod bearings but I think you will be wasting your money....[the car only has 135k miles on it]....the lower ends of the BMW 6 cyl. engines are good for about 300k miles. It's the head and valve guides that wear out." Try getting that candid statement from the BMW parts man or Manny, Moe & Jack. I am passing my good parts locating experience to the rest of you. If you deal with Mike, please leave appropriate feedback on this topic thread for others to evaluate. Enjoy.

All Import Car Parts

http://www.allimports.com

1-800-308-5881

I will post this topic in each of the Series Forums.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> M Cars Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: