Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Technical Information Systems CD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E46 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andrew325

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2002 9:32 pm    Post subject: Technical Information Systems CD Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by curtiso:
I recently purchased a 2001 325Ci and am considering buying a Technical Information Systems CD. Does anyone know if the current version includes the 2001 models?

I have one what is your exact question, maybe I can lookup some stuf for you.
DaveB

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 10:50 am    Post subject: Technical Information Systems CD Reply with quote

The version I have covers all models up to 2002, and I got it in February. How much do they sell for anyway? I got mine for free
Westpoint: the TIS CD is comparible to an interactive Haynes manual for your computer. It's what your BMW dealer uses to find out what's wrong with your car based on the customer's description. It's very useful. I didn't know that BMW offered them for sale until I read this post. Where are you in Scotland? My wife's family are from Kirkintilloch near Glasgow, a fantastic part of the world.

[ 04-28-2002: Message edited by: DaveB ]
Grey Street

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2002 4:41 pm    Post subject: Technical Information Systems CD Reply with quote

Where can I find a Technical Information Systems CD for a 2002 325xi?
DaveB

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 1:19 am    Post subject: Technical Information Systems CD Reply with quote

A single TIS CD covers all models that BMW make and have made for some time. Presumably your dealer will sell you one. I don't know as mine was "aquired" through somewhat less than official means! (No I didn't steal it)
Grey Street

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2002 1:27 pm    Post subject: Technical Information Systems CD Reply with quote

thanks for the info.
Resolve IT

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2002 5:08 pm    Post subject: Technical Information Systems CD Reply with quote

you could copy it DaveB?? would probably make you a tidy sum

I'd buy a copy
DaveB

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2002 2:55 am    Post subject: Technical Information Systems CD Reply with quote

I did think about that. But, yesterday I found a site that was selling the CD for £395. At that kind of money I could end up in some serious trouble if I started flogging dodgy copies, especially through a public forum such as this.
I'm happy to share any information on it with you guys through the forum.

[ 05-05-2002: Message edited by: DaveB ]
jerrybear

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2002 6:19 am    Post subject: Technical Information Systems CD Reply with quote

Dave, ol' buddy, ol' pal...

How about if someone were to borrow your copy? If they sent you some cash for packing and shipping? 'Course i wouldn't recommend doing that without making a backup copy. We're all friends here, but things *do* get lost in the mail....
DaveB

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2002 10:04 am    Post subject: Technical Information Systems CD Reply with quote

I get it, .
Send me an e-mail at
bellamyd@halcrow.com
and see if you can convince me. I agree with you that we are all friends here and I have read about several people exchanging stuff over the forum, however, I've never done it myself and am a little reluctant to get into the old "you send it first" scenario.
Anyway, send an e-mail (that's my work address, it's an exchange server so it's immediate, but UK working hours are between 5 & 8 hours ahead of yours) and we'll see if we can work something out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E46 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: