Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Radio code for 2000 328ci

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E46 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
10krunr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2002 5:26 pm    Post subject: Radio code for 2000 328ci Reply with quote

I'm in the processing of buying a '2000 328ci. I asked my seller to provide the radio code as part of the documentation that I will receive with the car. The seller told me that he had checked with his dealer and that there is no radio code for this radio. The sound system includes the built in dash cd player and the HK sound system. Can anyone tell me if this information is correct? Thanks in advance.

dmaisenh

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2002 10:02 pm    Post subject: Radio code for 2000 328ci Reply with quote

He is wrong. In the back of the Radio manual that came with the car there should be 2 cards that have the radio code on them.
Irish

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2002 7:21 pm    Post subject: Radio code for 2000 328ci Reply with quote

I'm lourking over here from the E36 Forum, but if the cards aren't there, the dealer can pull the radio, get the serial number off the back and give you the radio code on a printout;

that's what I did.

Irish
10krunr

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2002 6:06 pm    Post subject: Radio code for 2000 328ci Reply with quote

On the business CD radio, the serial number can be retrieved: Turn on the radio and then within 8 seconds hold the m button down for 8 seconds to start diagnostic display. First item shown in radio serial no; then press + key for display of other settings.
PJK

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2002 7:12 pm    Post subject: Radio code for 2000 328ci Reply with quote

He may be telling the truth. I seem to remember that on the newer BMWs, the radio talks to the body electronics over a digital buss. If it is in the wrong car, it doesn't work.

Check with a BMW dealer. They should know.

Phil

quote:
Originally posted by 10krunr:
I'm in the processing of buying a '2000 328ci. I asked my seller to provide the radio code as part of the documentation that I will receive with the car. The seller told me that he had checked with his dealer and that there is no radio code for this radio. The sound system includes the built in dash cd player and the HK sound system. Can anyone tell me if this information is correct? Thanks in advance.

[This message has been edited by PJK (edited 02-12-2002).]
dale

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2002 2:23 pm    Post subject: Radio code for 2000 328ci Reply with quote

On our '01 Z3 Coupe with Business CD radio, I blew the fuse to the radio (don't ask) while in San Diego. The manual and radio cards were at home in Seattle!
I stopped in a dealer, and they messed with it for about an hour, and finally said they'd have to have BMWNA fax them the code!
These new radios are different from the ones of a few years ago and the system used to track the codes are different as well.
We took off and called them when we were 1/2 way to LA and got the number, entered it and had tunes again.

Good service. Still can't believe they were asking $230k for the Z8 they had on the lot.

Dale

------------------
'80 528i
'86 325is #332 race car
'90 K75 RT
'01 Z3 Coupe
http://www.unofficialbmw.com
UnofficialBMW.com Webmaster
edjack

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 7:11 pm    Post subject: Radio code for 2000 328ci Reply with quote

I retrieved a number by pressing the "m" button on my E39 DSP radio, but it was bogus, according to my friendly dealer parts counter guy. I had to remove the head unit fronm the dash, and get the REAL serial number from the back of the unit, before I got the "code".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E46 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: