Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Musty Odor with a 323I 2000 model

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E46 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GHAURIG

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2002 9:34 am    Post subject: Musty Odor with a 323I 2000 model Reply with quote

Hi, I have a 2000 model BMW 323I. Since I bought this car everytime the A/C is turned off there is a musty odor that comes out of the ventilation. This only happen when I turn A/C on and then turn it off. The dealer has tried many things and claims that they have replaced the A/C and Heating system and the odor remains. Now they are saying it is not covered under warranty and this problme is due to the environment. I have been to the shop more than 15 times to get this fixed but no luck. Do I have any legal rights?
FowVay

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2002 9:40 am    Post subject: Musty Odor with a 323I 2000 model Reply with quote

There is currently a service bulletin addressing this problem. The number for the bulletin is 640101 but I have not had any luck with BMW letting me read the bulletin. I have the same problem with my 323i along with numerous other issues that I would love to read the bulletins on but BMW refuses to even discuss the problems. It is for this reason that BMW will not be seeing any of my business in the future.
GHAURIG

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2002 10:35 am    Post subject: Musty Odor with a 323I 2000 model Reply with quote

I called and talk to the customer service. The BB basically talks about about applying this kit to clean the odor and in my case dealer ship has already tried this. What are planning to do regarding this? law suit? I have some other issues with the car too may be can share the information. The reply to the odor issues from BMW is "it is environmental" not a problem with the car. I live in Ca where do you live? I am sending all my communication to Motor Vechicle Board which tries to resolve this by mediation if not then I can get a lawyer.
quote:
Originally posted by FowVay:
There is currently a service bulletin addressing this problem. The number for the bulletin is 640101 but I have not had any luck with BMW letting me read the bulletin. I have the same problem with my 323i along with numerous other issues that I would love to read the bulletins on but BMW refuses to even discuss the problems. It is for this reason that BMW will not be seeing any of my business in the future.

Mexi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 7:58 pm    Post subject: Musty Odor with a 323I 2000 model Reply with quote

Try a few sprays of fabreez into the ac intake with the car running while the ac is on. Had the same problem about a year ago, havent had any trouble since
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E46 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: