Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

325i or 330i?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E46 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IchwilleinenBMW

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2001 3:16 pm    Post subject: 325i or 330i? Reply with quote

hi everybody, i have a spending limit of US $35,000, as this is my first car, and iīm only 16, my parents are buying it for me, anyways, i test drived both the 325i and 330i (2001 models) and i did not find that much of a difference in power with steptronic(and i only want auto, i donīt like manual, sorry) anyways, is the 325i a good choice? i plan on getting almost every option, sport package, steptronic, xenons, HK stereo, etc... also, is it made in Germany? somebody told me that the 325i was not made in germany but the 330i was, well me being from Germany, i would buy a stripped 330i if it was instead, just for that reason, thank you very much in advance guys.
Bayer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2001 7:50 pm    Post subject: 325i or 330i? Reply with quote

If I was you, I would go for the "ci" instead of the "i", it looks allot cooler.
I mean, you're parents are providing the cash anyway...

Just be carefull there , because a 325 or 330 is allot of car to be your first.
andyk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2001 9:44 am    Post subject: 325i or 330i? Reply with quote

First of all, you are far too young to drive such a car. I would have thought a Mini 1 or MCC Smart would be better to learn road craft in.

As far as choice is concerned, the 325 is more than adaquate. If you want auto only (loose 50% of the driving enjoyment) I would go for the 330. The fuel consumption is the same, but you do get a lot more performance. I am sure your driving instructor told you never to use more than 4000rpm, but nudge that red line and you will see.
acadia

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2001 12:36 pm    Post subject: 325i or 330i? Reply with quote

Um... My first car, well my only car is Audi A4, and it's bocoup power especially chipped, and oh so sweet, alas I think 330ci, should be the plan, I'm pushing 215 ponies and it's not close to enough power for me, and I've got a manual.

On the otherhand, I don't think you need the 330 if your tranny person, everyone knows any good god fearing man drives manual, especially if power is what your after. So, for you and your driving habits 325 should suit you just fine.

By the way, I'll make sure to wave as a pass you buy in that 325 auto, perhaps in a 330 you might have a chance but not much. I'm getting bored of taking out 3 series on the road. The big brother M3 is a mean mother though, but then again so is stock S4 which puts hurting on M3 from 30 - 100 mph, and chipped S4 buts even bigger hurting and almost can catch M3 from 0 -60.

Oh but big big brother M5, is about the baddest sports sedan, ever produced on planet. Audi S6 tries but what's 360 HP compared to 400HP, RS4 tries even harder but I'm not much for that sport wagon thing. I've been meaning to ask audi about that who wants a 400HP wagon, but I guess that's why they only sold all 6000 of those cars over in Europe only.

Sorry, to Digress, I'd get 330, actually if I'm ever contemplating bimmer it be M5 or nothing, sorry, I'm an audi man through and through, but in any event I suggest 325 for you. But since your parents are paying and they are buying you BMW money is not an issue, so why not, get the 330.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E46 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: