Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Steptronic Transmission

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E46 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
excusame

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2001 11:05 am    Post subject: Steptronic Transmission Reply with quote

OK, here's the vehicle....a 2001 325I w/ Steptronic auto transmission. Approx. 4,000 miles.

Here is the issue......Today on my way to work, stop and go traffic was moving from 20 - 50 mph. My transmission was not in "Sports" mode.

As traffic lossened, I began to seeed up from around 30 mph and noticed my vehicle was not shifting into 5th gear. As I accelerated, my speed would increase and so would the rev's, but it would not shift into 5th. What I ended up doing was engaging the "Sports" mode and shifting it back into the regular mode at around 55 mph which caused 5th gear to engage.

Does anyone have an idea as to how this could happen? I have had NO problems at all. Is it a "fluke"?
FowVay

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2001 4:27 am    Post subject: Steptronic Transmission Reply with quote

I own a '99 323i with the adaptive transmission and I notice that it wants to hang in gear while driving in stop-and-go traffic. I just assumed that it was normal because the transmission works flawlessly under other circumstances. I have no problem with the transmission staying in a lower gear except that it turns higher rpm (up to 3000) before shifting. I'm just not used to it but I don't worry with it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E46 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: