Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

xenon lights

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E46 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bc

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2001 1:14 pm    Post subject: xenon lights Reply with quote

I just bought a 2000 coupe and the only option it did not have that I wanted was the xenon lights. Does anyone know where I can purchase them besides the dealership, since I heard they are quite expensive.
cjang

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2001 2:31 pm    Post subject: xenon lights Reply with quote

I might be wrong, but I think xenon lights
have a different wiring system.But you can
buy lights that are called xenon and are
more brillant white/blue color than, holagen
lights. (PIAA)
cjang

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2001 2:38 pm    Post subject: xenon lights Reply with quote

I've seen them in those little Honda/Acura
HP shopes. They sell rims, tires, headers,etc
and lights, all different colors and sizes.
smmoody

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2001 5:06 pm    Post subject: xenon lights Reply with quote

I would go with the PIAA, From the factory xenon are a $500. option to install afterwards is about $3-4,000 option. Not worth the money. Besides bulbs run $200-$300 for replacement, plus control units for the self leveling. and new wiring. PIAA do a great job and you'll save a ton of money
Ewing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2001 4:22 pm    Post subject: xenon lights Reply with quote

I got a universal NAiS Xenon kit for the low beams and I'm very pleased with it. They light much better than the stock halogen system and are as brilliant white as the factory xenon system. I think I'll just put in some philips hyper white bulbs for the high beams but what a differance xenon makes.
RJ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2001 7:50 pm    Post subject: xenon lights Reply with quote

I have factory xenons and the difference between these and regular halogens is unbelievable. First, the beam is shaped through a lens and it creates a sharp division between lit and not lit areas. It distributes a lot of light to the far sides of the car which makes it easier to drive at night and see the side of the road. It also projects the beam at least 3 to 4 times farther than halogens do. Second, the beams are auto-leveling and they adjust for braking/accelerating and going up/down hills. Anyone who is considering a new BMW should get the xenon option, it is well worth it. One of my passengers described driving with xenons as driving in a well-lit personal parking lot. Be ready for people who never seen xenons to flash you their high beams... Plus, xenons look cool!
89vett

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2001 12:05 pm    Post subject: xenon lights Reply with quote

I love my xenon lights.They did take a little
getting used to though.I think you would have
to have ordered them as a factory option.
89vett
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E46 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: