Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rolled Fendors

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lwade

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2000 10:07 am    Post subject: Rolled Fendors Reply with quote

Has anyone had there fendors rolled? What is involved and how much did it cost?
jgavros

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2000 8:29 pm    Post subject: Rolled Fendors Reply with quote

Ya man,

My buddy and I rolled our own fenders.
We pulled the wheels off. Then we took a rubber malet and hammered the fender lip up about a 40 degree angle. Then we took a pair of duck bill pliyers, and we rapped the fenders in a cloth to protect the paint. Allowing us to bend the lip all the way up. When doing this the paint will crack, so you will have to get your fenders painted or blended. The rear we took a dremmel or an andle grinder and groud the inner lip. Keep in mind that when grindind don not keep it in the same spot or you will burn the paint. After your done grinding paint your ground spots with touch up paint. Cost on the blend or paint will be around $200 or $300.
BigJ

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2000 2:12 am    Post subject: Rolled Fendors Reply with quote

Rolled fendors?
Any pictures of what this looks like?
Whatever they are we dont call them fendors in th uk (not that I know of anyway!)

BigJ
87 316
Stu H

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2000 4:20 pm    Post subject: Rolled Fendors Reply with quote

Have not tried this on a BMW, but I can't believe that it would be much different from when I did this on an old 240Z.

Use a WOODEN baseball bat, using the top of the tire as the fulcrum point and go a little at a time. You can change the angle by tipping the bat up or down. Good Luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: