Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Error 1263

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E36 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ozarkbimmer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 9:54 am    Post subject: Error 1263 Reply with quote

I know that this is a purge valve error and that the car is acting like it has a vaccum leak somewhere. I snooped around a little bit today and can't find anything so far. I tried resetting the codes and that didn't work, it comes right back after a few minutes of driving. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Arne

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:08 am    Post subject: Error 1263 Reply with quote

Check the gas cap seal.
ozarkbimmer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 10:07 am    Post subject: Error 1263 Reply with quote

The gas cap seal is fine.
gigel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 4:03 pm    Post subject: Error 1263 Reply with quote

The purge valve (on 328 at least) is located underneath the intake hose/brake cylinder, on the left side. I think it's easy to remove from the car, and you can check and see if it's closing/opening when you apply voltage. Hope this helps.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E36 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: