Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VDO light on dash

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
russbarnes

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2000 1:39 pm    Post subject: VDO light on dash Reply with quote

My yellow VDO light in the center of the dash has started to flash. I don't have the original owners manual. Does anyone have a clue what this means on a 1985 325e?

Thanks,

Russ
Jack4380

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2000 2:02 pm    Post subject: VDO light on dash Reply with quote

Russ

I pulled my manual from my 87 325e and reproduced below is the section relevant to the warning light.

"when the car is being driven, any malfunction of the monitored systems are indicated by the central warning light beginning to flash. At the same time, all the Check Control inscriptions will light up and warning lights for the faulty systems. When the test key is pressed, all the warning lights will come on, but when released only those with a genuine system malfunction will remain on, and the central warning light will go out. If the engine oil level is too low, this indication remains stored in the Check Control until oil is added...'

Hope this helps

Jack

87 325e
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: