Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

help with obc and idle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thundercreek

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2000 6:48 pm    Post subject: help with obc and idle Reply with quote

HI,
I am really new at this. please excuse me if i ask any dumb questions. I just purchased a 1985 325e. the obc was disconnected becuase the car was repossesed and resold. is there a way that i can personally reconnect, plug in, and reprogram the computer?

also, my idle keeps jumping from around 1000 to about 2000 rpm. is this an expensive repair usually?

what can i expect to pay for these to be fixed if i have to take it to a dealer?

thank you

john wingert
Jack4378

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2000 3:50 pm    Post subject: help with obc and idle Reply with quote

John

I have an '87 325e which had a similar problem and what it turned out to be is the idle stabilizer valve and/or control unit. The valve is under the hood right on top of the engine and the unit is under dashboard behind the glovebox. You can obtain a rebuilt control unit, but only new valves are available. Total cost: $600 (Canadian) for a rebuilt unit and new valve.

I don't know anything about the computers..

Jack
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: