Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need Info on a 325i auto-transmission

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rodrigo Alarcon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2000 7:08 am    Post subject: Need Info on a 325i auto-transmission Reply with quote

Greetings.
My father purchased an used 1987 BMW 325i. At first we thought it was a "normal" 325i, with 2.5 liter engine and all that. But the first signs of its true identity were marked under the hood. All decals came in japanese!!! It turned out that the car had been imported used to Chile (which, for some of you that don't know, it's a country in South America), a practice common in Iquique, a port in the North of our country. And it came with the 2.7 liter "eta" engine.
Well, here is the question. What is the model of the gerabox installed to it? I need to know this info because we don't want to go to a BMW dealer (here it costs WAY MUCH- for example, a new 328i sedan costs U$70000), and need to search drawings and how it works internally, beacuse the gearbox doesn't shift to reverse (and sometimes doesn't shift from first to second).
The car has now other problems, but this is the one that needs to be repaired as soon as possible. If someone has actual drawings or has advice on hoe to repair it, please send it to my mail.
I posted in other forum, but it seems that allways the answer is "throw it away and install a new (used) one". Well, when I read Popular Mechanics I see phrase like "we ordered a new 350-ci v8 to the local chevy dealer to fit our restored camaro". But never dream of doing it here in Chile. I know you can get used parts in good condition in the US., but not here, so I need to see if we can rebuild it (smaller parts can be obtained here).
Thanks
Rodrigo Alarcón
2000-lgo@starmedia.com

See all UnofficialBMW Ads
Jack4380

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2000 8:54 am    Post subject: Need Info on a 325i auto-transmission Reply with quote

Sorry, don't know what model it is, but once you find out, these guys have an amazing supply of parts:

http://www.vinesbmw.com

Jack

87 325e
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: