Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need to waterproof top

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2000 5:18 pm    Post subject: Need to waterproof top Reply with quote

I recently purchased a 1989 325ic and was told that I should waterproof the top 1-2 times a year. Is this neccesary? Thanks for any help.
92UVRAYS

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2000 8:07 pm    Post subject: Need to waterproof top Reply with quote

I have a 92 325iC and for the almost 8 years I have had the car (garaged parking, of course) I have never had a problem with water permeation. Again, keep in mind I garage my car both at home and work in San Diego (rare on rain storms), but I thought if you live in a similar environment, this might be some help!

Jason Ligon 92 325iC
BigJ

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2000 7:15 am    Post subject: Need to waterproof top Reply with quote

I assume you mean waterproof the roof of the car when you say top. I own a 1987 e30 316 (poorly powered) and I don't think it has ever been waterproofed!
I have just noticed in the last few weeks that there was a salty stain on the back seat. Since the car was broken into through the rear quarter window I thought maybe the rain had been getting in through the tape that I used to patch up the window until I got a new one. This was until I was cleaning out the car and discovered some water droplets on my rear floor mats. After some checking I descovered that water was building up inside the interior lamp on the right side.
So maybe you should check here and see if there are any signs of water or rusting, if not then you are probably safe.
I think I'll get mines waterproofed though!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: