Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Coming around to say hello

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
haber

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject: Coming around to say hello Reply with quote

Wonder how many of my old friends are still here? It's been a while.

We (son and I project) still have the 84 318 2 door project car in my basement garage with the 86 e motor + some small tweaks, 'i' dual exhaust, 5 speed conversion, e36 r&P, 16" Team dynamics wheels w 205 tires. The project has not gone far in a long time but the car starts and runs fine. Actually it runs like it's angry compared to how it was with the slushbox in the 4 door. The last big wish list item was to put chrome bumpers on it but that has never happened due to availability and cost. With the European style bumpers and the moon roof and some other unique things on the 84 car it would be as my son says a real unicorn.

The 91 4 door we had is gone. Sold it to a friend for his son to drive and they have kept him insured on that car even though they don't use much anymore. I had it for a brief time when he moved and was going to sell it for him but he came and got it for the above reason. Not sure it's fate as of late but I know the overhead wear was accelerating again. My on the cheap repairs were holding up long after it got my daughter through Grad School.

I still drive my 86 535i as a daily. It looks pretty beat these days but mechanically fine and the only parts it's needed in the last few years beyond oil changes are rear subframe bushings and a coolant expansion tank. A long term goal was to find a straight body and put the M30 5speed from my car and running gear in it with some new suspension. Another plan could be an M30 e30 one day ??

My 88 M6 sadly mostly stays in the garage but I would love to work on a few things if I ever find the time. when I do drive it it's like who hoo this thing goes !!

I may come back listing some things for sale as we have e30 parts we really no reason to keep. Like a nice 91 auto (small guibo) driveshaft. It's been rebuilt but I would put a new C/B on it.

I have a pristine 86 fuel tank, some window glass from the 4 door car, some pass side doors, a trunk lid, etc, etc...

Another odd ball someone may be interested in as an OE sunroof visor in good shape. The ones that turn sort of purple.

There's lots more stuff that is e30 specific I just don't see keeping and before I get back to more projects I need to clear up some space. I'm saving the generic stuff that can work on any of the cars.

Anyway I need to clear out some stuff and wonder how active this group still is and should I begin offering some things here ?

idanity

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi
85-325e

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been away for a while... Have no place anymore to work on Cosmo and it's really taking a hit. But I'll be checking in again more often...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: