Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

cabrio pics, 92 white, 87 delphin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dale

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:17 pm    Post subject: cabrio pics, 92 white, 87 delphin Reply with quote

Robert and I did a small photo shoot after working on his A/C Sunday evening. Here are some of the pics.
Click through to check out all of them:
http://www.unofficialbmw.com/e30/325ic/

I had my cabrio detailed 2 weeks ago, which really cleaned up the paint.
http://www.3lgautodetail.com/

Last week I had 5 small dings taken out by Ryan Snider PDR, a mobile service here in Seattle, http://www.ryanpdr.com/

Robert's perfect toolkit:

sold in 2016
87 325 5spd eta
85-325e

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are BOTH absolutely gorgeous... What a lovely pair of cars!

Robert... My toolkit's bigger than yours... na, na, na, na, na!

Seriously guys, they both look amazing... and Robert... That was a great purchase...

Amazing boys....

robert1700

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If only I could keep my car clean, and those bottlecaps, they are the worst thing to try to keep nice.

I can not use the large tool kit because I have the cool euro trunk cover. hahahahaha
85-325e

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, the bottlecaps are tough to keep clean, but I can't believe much work the basketweaves are. When I get back, I'm going to order some kleenwheels. I've washed the basketweaves 3 times since I arrived and they're black again.

What's the "cool Euro trunk lid???"

dale

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look to the left of the toolkit in that pic, that trunk under-cover is what Robert is talking about.
Factory option, maybe accessory, cleans up the underside of the trunk lid.

Dale
sold in 2016
87 325 5spd eta
85-325e

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you remember a member up here named fporro, or Frank Porro? He used to go to junk yards all the time. He's actually the one thata got me the large toolkit tray... He had a few of these at one point, but they needed a bit of cleaning up. He offered one to me but I turned it down, just cause I'm a purist. He may still have them or access to them if you want one... I think his email address was fporro@msn.com, but I haven't seen or heard from him for two years or so... As far as I recall, he wanted to send two to me, one that I could keep and the other to return to him after modifying it to handle the large toolkit...

cmcon98

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both are beautiful cars! I love the look of the rear headrests in a cabrio.

Decent cabrios are getting rare here in the northeast. People trash them by driving them in the winter or using them for cheap beach cars in the summer. The winter salt rusts them and the summer sun bakes the interiors to a crisp when they're left in beach or marina parking lots all day with the tops down. Nice, well-maintained examples are getting fewer and farther between.
85-325e

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW Robert... that purist comment I made... I guess I didn't say it right. For a while, I had the dreaded wetness in the trunk... When Frank offered that cover to me, I kept thinking about the water that I had condensing all over everything in the trunk, getting trapped behind that euro cover, and rusting the trunk lid out, so I said no to it... but I was definitely intrigued and almost took it...

wazzu70

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumor has it that the real cool kids have the Euro big tool kit with the emergency reflective triangle, and the triangle moulded into the cover Smile I can't believe I dont have a picture of it anywhere though in all the ones I have of the car...

I guess I need to get a cabrio now so I can join the photoshoot next time Laughing

1984 BMW 325e
1991 BMW 325i
1976 Honda CB400F Super Sport
"The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"
fporro

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, bring it back from beyonnnnde Smile

I'm still around, living way out in the middle of the Pacific so have no access to yards anymore.

Delphi gets jealous now and then, she's my first so I'll keep her foh-e-vah.

mt2 appearance package was a great deal, need's a little work. Smile

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/vSSPYJin2MupxK73dSeb1hQ5B4XLEEyXeEaef7PANUY=w2560-h1072

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: