Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PROJECT - Adding Rear Fog light in E30

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MisterFixit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 12:51 pm    Post subject: PROJECT - Adding Rear Fog light in E30 Reply with quote

Hello all,

I am working on a project to add a rear fog light in an E30 with early tails.
I thought it would be useful to post the reasons and outcome here in case anyone else was thinking about doing this.

Might be you have been scared more than once by some 'three ton tessie' getting too close for comfort behind you in bad weather, maybe it gets foggy alot where you are, maybe you just like the notion of having a brighter profile on the road... All good reasons.

The project is in Providence, Rhode Island. It's a US version, so there is an empty spot in both tails used in other versions for rear fogs.

If you look in the bulb carrier on your tails, early or late versions, you'll see an inscription (on a label, or molded into the cover): 'NSL' which stands for NebelSchlussLicht, German for rear fog light. In US cars, it will have a line through this, or say 'Ohne NSL' which means 'Without Rear Fog Light'.

You will also see an empty spot where no bulb or contacts are present, next to the turn signal (early) or under the reverse light (late). Here is where the fog light would be if it were another National Version.

Anyway, the project scope is to add a single rear fog on the driver (left) side, and wire it into a European fog light switch being added in the dash in place of the US switch.

Because it's what I do, I am pushing to expand the scope to add another tail light as well, on each side of the car. I'll update the post as things develop, and let you see the results after installation.

"Thanks for watching"

Andy
Headlight protection keeps your 'eyes' from being punched out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: