Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index Unofficialbmw.com
The UnofficialBMW BB, answers for your BMW questions.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

rodent damage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 - 3 Series Forum

Support Unofficialbmw.com :: Download Free Healthy Habits iPhone app!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
k1hb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:26 pm    Post subject: rodent damage Reply with quote

after a long absence from this board

where is joel of nh bmw used parts?''

i took my courage to heart: all my 325 cabrios have been used as breeding ground for local mice in winter and all have a terrible stench every time i turn on the vent. some vents dont even work.no way i can sell them.....

so i opened one: 4 7mm screws/bolts on the firewall gets you right to the blower motor: oh my what a sight. right at the air inlet under the drivers side window wiper was a huge ball, three handfuls of mouse nests, insulation materiel stinking of mouse detritus. .
cleaned it manually with gloves! some of that stuff contains deadly viruses!
maybe i should get blower out alltogether? doesnt work in speed I and II only III full on....
blasted out vents from inside with forced air and used chlorine/lysol diluted spray retrograde....result so far: no more smell!

paid a detailer 100 bux to descent car...to no aVAIL.

so to get rid of smell back blow the vent system, its worth it. maybe you can glimpse into it by removing wiper and griddle on the drivers side?

best of luck!

fred 325 cabrios red white black

See all UnofficialBMW Ads
tncean

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A tip from the rv folks... mothballs in a can with rocks in the bottom, or the like, and place a few under car. They don't like the smell. Don't put in interior!
For interior and air intake, etc, try dryer sheets to keep bugs away.

t
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Unofficialbmw.com Forum Index -> E30 - 3 Series Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: